Chapter 37

Seunghyeon grumbled, his throat painfully dry and his head pounding. He turned onto his side and reached out for the water he always placed on his nightstand. Instead, he was greeted with more bed. Furrowing his brows, he pried his eyes open, blinking around the unfamiliar room.

He shot upright, frantically looking around. Where was he? Whose bed was this? He groaned when his skull squeezed his brain and hung his head. Seunghyeon massaged the sides of his head, staring at the blanket on his lap.

The memories of last night flooded in and Seunghyeon stiffened. From being comforted to singing a love song to realizing his own feelings. Did that mean... after all that... him and Kwangsun? Seunghyeon's face burned.

Touching his chest, he held out the baggy shirt on his body and gulped. He lifted up the blanket and sighed in relief. He still had his underwear on. 

The door creaked out and Seunghyeon jerked his head up.

"Oh, you're up," Kwangsun said, holding up a glass of water and a small bottle of a common hangover cure. "You might want these."

Seunghyeon blinked at him as he crossed the room. Seunghyeon's eyes trailed down from Kwangsun's face to the tank top hugging Kwangsun's chest to his absurdly short shorts. No. Those weren't shorts. Those were briefs. Seunghyeon blushed and turned away.

Kwangsun sat on the edge of the bed and held up the glass. "Drink as much as you can."

Nodding, Seunghyeon swiped it and downed the entire thing. With a big sigh, he lowered the glass. "Thanks," he muttered.

"No problem." Kwangsun switched out the glass for the hangover drink, a small bottle found in all convenience stores and a brand he was, unfortunately, well acquainted with.

Seunghyeon cracked the bottle open and downed it. As soon as he finished, he held it in his lap, staring at it, gnawing his lip. "So, uh..." He pressed his lips into a thin line. "So," Seunghyeon started, furrowed his brows. "Is this your room?" Seunghyeon grimaced. Of all the things to ask.

Kwangsun nodded, looking around. "Is it that obvious?" The walls were covered with paintings and sketches taped up, some were assignments Seunghyeon recognized. "Yeah," Kwangsun continued. "I know it's a bit weird. But didn't wanna take you to a hotel."

Seunghyeon's eyes snapped back to him. "Huh?"

"What?" Kwangsun raised his eyebrow before smirking. "Do you not remember balling your eyes out not wanting to go home?" Seunghyeon frowned and Kwangsun laughed. "Something about Myungsuk hating the smell of alcohol."

"Oh." Seunghyeon pursed his lips. Myungsuk did hate the smell, that was true. But Myungsuk was still having his heat. He wasn't even home!

"So"– Seunghyeon curled his hand around the blanket–"you brought me here instead?" Seunghyeon asked, glancing up at him through his lashes.

Kwangsun paused, the question lingering thick in the air. Kwangsun shifted closer and subtly licked his bottom lip. Seunghyeon's breath hitched.

"I slept on the floor if that's what you're asking," Kwangsun confessed.

"Oh," Seunghyeon breathed out, a pang of disappointment in his chest. "You didn't have to, you know," he muttered, his cheeks heating up. "The bed's big enough."

"True.''Kwangsun reached out and cupped Seunghyeon's chin, lifting his chest with a cheeky grin. "But, you're a blanket stealer. So, I had no choice."

Seunghyeon gaped. "Am not," he whined and shoved him away.

Kwangsun jumped off the bed, laughing. "Yeah, you are," he said. "I saw you this morning. You cocooned yourself. I wouldn't have stood a chance."