Chapter 22

Myungsuk rocked on the balls of his feet, humming as he looked around. Hanging over the registration desk was a poster that spanned the entire wall, displaying the new exhibits: ancient Egypt, the deep ocean, and the milky way. Myungsuk giggled and gripped his backpack straps.

"Are you excited?" Insoo asked.

"Yes," Myungsuk chirped and stood on his toes.

Insoo wore jeans and a button-up. At first, Myungsuk thought the design on his shirt were abstract lines, but up close, he could make out tiny doodled cats. It was so cute that Myungsuk squeaked every time he looked over.

Myungsuk adjusted his mask, muffling his giggles. If he bought the same shirt, they could match on their next date.

"Next," the person at the registration desk called out.

"That's us," Myungsuk said excitedly and bounced to the desk. He pulled out his strawberry wallet and handed it to the beta. "Hello. Two tickets for the Milky Way exhibit, please," he said, successfully practiced.

"Good job," Insoo whispered before paying. Myungsuk beamed, hiding his head against Insoo's arm.

They got their tickets, and Myungsuk linked their arms and led Insoo to the entrance. After they got in, Myungsuk slowed down his pace, walking beside Insoo rather than dragging him along.

From there, they headed down the stairs to exhibit C.

They passed the double doors into the dark room. The walls and ceiling were peppered with sparkling lights, mimicking stars.

"Wow," Myungsuk breathed out and leaned towards Insoo. "This is going to be really fun for sure."

Insoo nodded and scanned their tickets in. "Yeah. I can't wait."

"Mhm!" Myungsuk nodded. "Come. Come," he said and hurried around the corner. If the entrance was pretty, the hall was majestic.

The planetarium dome sparkled under the spotlight at the end of the exhibit, surrounded by various interactive stations and models. All while the walls sparkled with the same delicate stars, spotlights illuminating the pictures on the walls.

"Will you be okay?" Insoo whispered, leaning over.

Myungsuk blinked and tilted his head at him.

"There's a lot of people here," he pointed out. Myungsuk looked around, noticing the people this time, spaced out throughout the exhibit. Myungsuk smiled and nodded. "I'll be okay. Everyone's keeping to themselves."

"That's good."

Insoo had expressed his concern when Myungsuk first suggested the museum, and while Insoo was vague about what his worries were, it didn't take a genius to know that no one wanted a repeat of last time.

Biting the inside of his cheek, Myungsuk reached out and took his hand. Insoo blinked in surprise, and Myungsuk turned away, blushing. "This helps," he muttered.

"Oh." Insoo's expression changed into a shy smile, and he squeezed his hand.

Sparks flew up Myungsuk's arm, and he shivered. He forced himself to stop staring at Insoo's handsome face and shifted his attention back to the exhibit.

Myungsuk stopped at the first photo. It was an ancient photograph of a wall in Greece depicting the milky way. "The Greeks believed the milky way was good luck. They had a story that if you kissed someone while the milky way was the brightest, that means they're your mate."

"Really?" Insoo asked. "That's really interesting."

"Yup," Myungsuk grinned. "That's why they had so many festivals in late summer. Because that's when the milky way is brightest over Europe."