40 - After Dumbledore's Farewell

Serena's POV:

After Dumbledore's funeral, my aunt told me to meet her in her office. I walk into her office and she is at her desk. She stands up immediately as I walk in. "You, young lady, are very lucky that you came out without a single scratch!" she says quickly. "Now. What are you doing for the summer and the coming school year?" she asks. "I'm not sure. I think that I'd want to come back. But maybe I'll spend the summer with the Weasleys?" I say unsurely. "You might not want to come back. Hogwarts will be very different next year according to who becomes Headmaster. I have contacted your parents who are willing to let you go into hiding with them. They say that they want you safe but they say it's up to you," she says. "Well, where would I go if I didn't go into hiding with them?" I ask. "Well, probably the Weasleys. They have invited you to Bill and Fleur's wedding so it would make sense for you to stay with them," she says. "Well, there's no way I'm going to go into hiding," I say. "Well, then I will make arrangements for you to stay with the Weasleys," she says. "Is that all? Because I told Harry that I'd go meet him," I say. My aunt gestures for me to leave, so I do.

I walk up to Astronomy Tower where Harry is waiting with Hermione and Ron. "Hey," I say quietly. "Serena! Are you ok?" Harry asks, scanning me with his eyes. "I'm fine. What about you?" I ask. "I'm fine. I heard Bellatrix saying something about taking you with her and I wanted to come back for you but some other Deatheaters stopped me. I was worried because I didn't see you all week," he says. "Oh, er. Well, I'm fine. I didn't get hurt or anything," I say. "Well it's clear to see that your not fine!" Hermione says in a shrilly voice. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me. What was it that you wanted to talk about, Harry?" I ask quickly, trying to change the subject. Harry, who seemed to miss everything I just said, says, "I would assume it has something to do with Draco after what we heard yesterday." I glare at Harry. "Did you two break up?" Ron asks. "I told him to stop writing to me. Is that considered breaking up?" I ask. "Basically," Ron says. "Honestly, Ron! How can you be so insensitive and clueless? She's upset and you tell her the most blunt answer I've answer heard!" Hermione says. "Well, it got the point through, didn't it? At least I answered the question!" Ron says. "Are we going to argue about me or are there more important things to talk about?" I snap.

"Er, right. Um, Horcruxes. We need more information on it," Harry says. "Why don't you go to the library and find a book on it?" I ask. "Dumbledore removed all the books on it. I assume it's safe in his office," Harry says. "Try using a spell like accio horcrux book or something," I suggest. "Do you really think that Dumbledore would let someone get it so easily?" Ron asks. He was getting on my nerves today. "Well, since I'm obviously not wanted here by Ronald, I'll just leave," I say furiously. I get up and I go back to my dorm.

Hermione comes in a while later. "You know how Ron acts without thinking. But he is sorry that he got you mad," she says slowly. "Come on. You can't stay mad at him. You're going to be spending the summer with him," Hermione says. "I'm not mad. I'm just upset," I mumble. "Why?" she asks, sitting next to me. "I don't know. Ever since that night, I've been acting very sensitive towards everything," I say. "Harry told me what happened. But it's ok to feel this way. It's perfectly normal to be cautious after finding out you've been lied to by someone you trusted so much," she says. "He wrote to me and said he was sorry. He asked me to forgive him. Is it wrong that I don't want to?" I ask. "No. It's perfectly normal. But you have to pack your bags right now because we'll be leaving tomorrow morning," she says. I groan as I get up to grab my stuff. As I grabbed one of my hoodies, something fell out. The charm bracelet Draco gave me during my first year. I toss it in my trunk and I cover it with some other clothes.

On my way to Dinner in the Great Hall, Blaise stops me. "What do you want Zabbini?" I say coldly. "Blimey, your eyes are all red and puffy! Have you been crying over Draco?" he says while laughing. "Talk about insensitive," I mutter, snatching my hand away from his. "Ha. I'm sorry. But he told me to tell you that he is sorry," he says. "Well, tell him don't bother," I say. I turn to leave. "You know he loves you right?" Zabbini calls out. I feel my heart crumple and the tears build behind my eyes. "If he loved me, why would he do this to me? He tells me that he loves me but how do I know that those words are not meaningless lies?" I say. "You can tell by the way he looks at you and how he softens every time he's near you," Blaise says slowly.

"Hey, Zabbini! Get the hell away from her." I turn around to see Ron heading towards us. Ron grabs my arm and leads me away. "Remember what I said," Blaise calls out after us. "What did he say to you?" Ron asks. "Nothing that really matters. Wanna go get some food?" I ask. Ron nods and we go into the Great Hall together.

The next day, my aunt gives me a present. "Hagrid found this little one in the Forbidden Forest and I heard from Potter that you have a Badger Patronus. I thought that this would be a perfect gift for you," she says, handing me a baby badger. The badger had a white strupe down it's back and brown fur. "Does it have a name?" I ask. "Hagrid said you can name it whatever you want," she says with a smile. "I'm going to name him Mocha. Thank you auntie," I say while petting the badger. "Ah, well, it's the least I could do. I will see you here next year then?" she asks. "Yeah. See you next year," I say.