26 - Gryffindor vs. Slytherin

Serena's POV:

Dumbledore's Army met up every Wednesday and it was one of the things I looked forward to. At the end of the fourth meeting, Hermione gave everyone a fake galleon. She explains how it works to inform us about meeting dates. Everyone was awed at how Hermione was able to perform such a hard charm.

The Quidditch season was drawing closer and our first match was against Slytherin. Professor McGonagall gave us less homework so that we could have more time to practice Quidditch. Snape however was one step ahead of us. He booked the Quidditch pitch so often for the Slytherin team that Gryffindor barely had a chance to practice.

It's the night before the match and Draco and I are in Astronomy tower. "Want me to go easy on you tomorrow?" he asks. I purse my lips. "I know for sure I won't be going easy on Slytherin. You decide what you do." I answer. "Ok. For the record, don't be mad if I push Potty off his broom," he said. "Well, I probably would still be mad. My aunt was so happy when we won the cup. I want to keep it that way." I say. He laughs. "What?" I ask. "Nothing. I just think it's cute when you're so serious," he answers. I frown. "Well, I kind of have to be serious right now. Angelina's going to go mad if we lose because of a mistake." I say. Draco laughs. "We should go back to our common rooms now," he says. "Okay," I say and he brings me back to the Gryffindor common room.

During breakfast, I see that the Slytherins are all wearing badges again. "Oh for Merlin's sake. What's on those badges this time?" I ask Draco. He shows me a badge that said: Weasley is our King. "What is that supposed to mean?" I ask. He grins and says, "You'll see."

I walk onto the Quidditch Pitch with the rest of the Gryffindor team. Angelina turns to us and says, "Alright guys, it's time. Good luck." Everyone mounts their broom and we fly into the stadium. The crowd cheers and I could faintly see the outline of a girl with blond hair wearing a large hat in the shape of a lion's head.

The game starts and Angelina grabs the quaffle. Katie and I fly behind her and she passes it to Katie who passes it to me. I grab it and throw it into the Slytherin hoops. "TEN POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR!" Lee yells. Then the Slytherins start singing but I couldn't care less about what they were saying. The Slytherins make a few goals and Angelina starts shouting at Harry to go and get the Snitch. I see the Slytherin captain about to throw the quaffle so I go and grab the quaffle mid-throw. I zoom past the Slytherins and I make another goal. "WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT! ANOTHER TEN POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR!" Lee yells. "AND LOOK, BOTH SEEKERS HAVE SPOTTED THE SNITCH!" Lee yells. I turn to watch as Harry and Draco fight for the snitch. Harry's hand closes around the snitch and a wave of relief washes over me. Then a Bludger hits Harry and he flies off his broom. Everyone rushes over to Harry.

Draco starts talking. "You really saved Weasley's neck, didn't you? I've never seen a worse keeper but then again... he was born in a bin. How do you like the song Potter?" he said to Harry. "We wanted to sing about his mother you see. But we couldn't find anything that rhymes with fat and ugly. And we couldn't find anything that rhymes with useless for his father." I grab Fred's arm quickly and I realize that he is shaking with fury. "But you like the Weasleys, don't you Potter? Spending the holidays with them. Don't know how you stand their stink. But compared to muggles, I suppose even they smell ok. Or perhaps it's how your mother's house stank and their pigsty reminded you of it." Both Katie and Angelina are trying to hold back Fred with me now.

Then Angelina screams, "Harry! HARRY, GEORGE, NO!" I turn to see that Harry and George charging at Draco. Someone shot a spell and the two of them were knocked over. Harry and George were brought inside immediately.

I avoided Draco at all costs that day because I knew that if I saw him I wouldn't be able to contain myself from yelling at him. "Banned," Angelina announces. "There's no way Professor McGonagall will ban them," I say. "It was Umbridge," Harry said. "But Fred didn't do anything!" Katie points out. "It's not my fault I didn't. If you three hadn't held me back-" Fred starts to say. "So it's our fault now? If we hadn't held you back, you would've been expelled." I say angrily. "That's not the point! We have no beaters and no seekers now!" Angelina exclaims. "I'm going to bed now. Hopefully, this was a dream." she finishes. She heads back to her room and I head back to mine.

The next day, I head trudge towards Hagrid's hut for Care of Magical Creatures. I must've been early by ten minutes or so because no one else was there. I see the shadow of Hagrid and I grin. "Hagrid, your back!" I say. "Oh yes. I had ter go somewhere for a while, but I'm back," he said cheerfully. "So, what are we going to learn today? Professor Grubby-Plank covered unicorns and stuff." I say. "Well, it's a surprise," Hagrid says. Then Draco and his friends arrive. "Hey, babe," Draco says. "Don't call me that, you git," I say coldly. "Is this about what happened yesterday?" he asked. "Yeah. There are only four players left on the team thanks to you," I say. Draco shrugs and says, "If your so mad about it, then sorry." I turn around because I knew that if I looked at him right now, I would forgive him. "Ugh, c'mon babe. I'm sorry," he says while hugging me from behind. "Get off of her Malfoy," someone snaps. "She's my girlfriend, Potter," Malfoy sneers. "Well, she doesn't look like she wants to be right now," Harry says. Draco starts speaking, "How are you enjoying the Quidditch ban-" "Will you just let go of it?" I hiss. "So you're speaking to me now?" he asks. I roll my eyes. "I'll let go of it if you forgive me," Draco says. "Fine, I forgive you. Happy?" I ask. "Yes," he says and kisses me.