10 - The Truth About Black

Serena's POV:

I'm in the Quidditch stands with Cedric next to me. I had asked him to come watch the final Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor with me. "Oh, oh, oh! I think Harry sees the snitch!" I yell excitedly. Harry is flying full speed when Malfoy grabs the end of his broom. "YOU CHEATING SCUM! YOU FILTHY, CHEATING B--" Lee yells into the microphone. I look at my aunt to see if she was going to take the microphone from Lee. Instead, she pointing a finger at Malfoy, shouting furiously. The intense game continued and Malfoy was now chasing after the snitch, Harry far behind him. Harry then threw himself from his broom and grabbed the snitch. I jumped up and down, grabbing Cedric into a hug. I see my aunt sobbing as Harry lifted the house cup up into the air. Gryffindor had won.

The following week everyone in the Gryffindor tower was in a good mood. I was in the Gryffindor common room with Fred and George one day when Harry, Ron, and Hermione rushed out. "Where are they going?" I ask the twins. "No idea. Go follow them." Fred suggested. "Yeah, let us know what Ron is doing," George says. "Um, ok," I say uncertainly. I get up and follow the trio secretly. I watch as they walked out towards Hagrid's hut. Minutes later, Crabbe and Goyle run inside followed closely by Malfoy. Malfoy was clutching his nose and blood was all over his hands.

"What happened?" I ask. "The stupid mudblood punched me," he answers. "Is your nose broken? Want me to fix it?" I ask. He nods. I take out my wand, point it at his nose and I say, "Episkey." His nose heals and he looks at me surprised. "How do you know how to fix a nose?" he asks. "Oh, Cedric taught me how to the other day," I reply. "Right. Diggory. Crabbe, Goyle, let's go." he says. He leaves with his two friends and I turn around to see what the trio was up to. When I turned around, they were gone. Great, I lost them. Guess I'll go back to the common room then.

I sit on the couch for around two hours doing my homework. Then someone runs into the Gryffindor common room. The twins look up and George says, "How'd you get in here?" I look up and I see Cedric. "Oh, hey Ced. What's up?" I say, looking back into the textbook. I scribble an answer onto my homework and Cedric says, "Something bad happened." "What?" I ask. "Apparently, three Gryffindors had a run-in with Sirius Black and they're in the Hospital Wing," Cedric said. I look at Fred and George and I knew we all had the same idea. Ron, Harry, and Hermione were the three Gryffindors.

"So, how'd you get in again?" I ask as the four of us head towards the Hospital Wing. "You told me the password on Christmas remember? You said to use it for future emergencies. I thought you were one of the three Gryffindors so I came to check on you." he said. "You told someone our common room password?!?" Fred exclaims. "Sorry," I mumble.

We reach the Hospital Wing and the door is closed. I was about to open the door when Profesor Snape rushes in with the Minister of Magic. Snape starts yelling about how Harry must've helped Sirius Black escape. I look at my friends and I think none of us wanted to be a part of this, so we all head back to our common rooms. That night, when Hermione returned, I asked her about what happened.

Hermione explains how Sirius was framed by Peter Pettigrew and how it was Peter who sold Harry's parents to Voldemort. Sirius also happened to be Harry's godfather. She explained to me how Lupin was a werewolf so when they were trying to bring Peter to Hogwarts for the truth, Lupin turned into a werewolf. Then Peter escaped and Lupin started attacking them. Then Harry and Sirius were attacked by dementors and Snape took them all to Hospital Wing. The dementors were going to perform the kiss on Sirius but Dumbledore believed that Sirius was innocent so he helped Hermione and Harry rescue both Sirius and Buckbeak with a time turner.

"Wow. What a night you've had." I say. I was shocked. "Yeah. I really need some sleep now." Hermione said. "Kay. Night." I say. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

The next morning, I finished breakfast and Cedric stops me. "Hey, wanna spend the summer at my place?" he asks. "Oh, I'm not sure. I'll have to ask my parents." I answer. "My dad and I are going to the Quidditch World Cup this year and he told me to bring a friend," he says. I start to say, "Oh, I wouldn't want to intrude-" "You wouldn't be intruding. The Weasley's will be there too." He says quickly. "Alright then. I'll ask my parents." I answer. I grab a piece of paper and I write:
Dear mom & dad,
My friend wants me to stay at their place for the Summer so we can go to the Quidditch World Cup together. I think dad knows his father. Amos Diggory? Anyways, please let me know ASAP if you'll let me or not.
Serena McGonagall

Cedric and I head into the owlery. "Dixie!" I call. My owl flies onto my shoulder. I tie the letter to her leg. "Bring this to mom and dad okay? Try to be fast. Don't come back until they've got a response." I say. Dixie hoots and flies away.

The next day, Dixie flies into the Great Hall with a response from my parents. The letter said:
Dear Serena,
We really wanted to see you this summer, but we're so glad you're making friends so you can stay with your friend. Stay safe, stay out of trouble, and have fun at the World Cup. Don't forget to write to us often!
Love, Mom & Dad

I head towards Cedric. "It's a yes!" I say. "That's great! I have to go to my classes now but see you at the End of the Year feast!" he says. "Okay, see you!" I yell after him as he rushes out of the Great Hall.