25 - Dumbledore's Army

Draco's POV:

It's been a year since Serena and I started liking each other. I wanted to get her a present but I didn't know what to get her. I could always make her something. I think about it for a while and I decide to go to the Kitchens.

It's lunchtime in the Great Hall and Serena is sitting at the Gryffindor table. She glances over at me and I signal for her to come over. She comes and sits down next to me. Harry, Hermione, and Ron stare at her as I hand her a box. "Ooh, what's this?" She asks while opening the box. "Oh my god! Did you make these by yourself?" she asks. I smirk. "I guess it's kind of an anniversary since we've been dating for a year, but I don't want to call it an 'anniversary' because it makes us sound old," I say. "Oh Draco, you're the best! I didn't get you anything though," she adds. "It's ok. There's one thing you can do though." I say. I lean in and I kiss her. She kisses me back and after a minute Blaise comes. "People are eating over here," he says. I roll my eyes and I pull away from her.

"Do you want to do something today?" I ask. "Oh, I would love to. But I promised Angelina I would go to practice. And then I have something else with the Gryffindors." she says. "Oh, well if you have time, can you meet me in Astronomy tower tonight?" I ask. She thinks about it and then nods. "Ok, I guess I have some time. I'll meet you there!" she says. She takes one of the macarons from my present box and eats it. "I thought you would make them green," she says looking at the red macaron. "Well-" I start to say. "I was just teasing you." she says while laughing.

"Oh, I should go. See you tonight." she says. I nod and she heads back to the Gryffindor table.

Serena's POV:

I sit back down next to Fred and George. "Bloody hell, what just happened?" Ron asks. "What?" I ask, confused. "You and Malfoy just kissed." Harry said. "Yeah, and?" I ask. "But he's Malfoy!" Ron exclaims.

"Wait. Did you guys not know?" I ask, suddenly realizing. "Know what?" Hermione asks. "I thought Fred and George would've told you by now. Er, me and Malfoy have kind of been... dating." I say. The three of them looked shocked. "Wasn't it obvious?" Fred asks. "Well, I knew you two went to the Yule Ball together but I didn't think much of it!" Hermione says. "How long have you two been dating? When did you two start?" Ron asks. "Well, I would say a year. But not exactly. We started officially dating a few days after the last task of the Triwizard tournament last year. But we admitted to liking each other way before. He thinks today should be our anniversary or something." I say. "A YEAR?!" Harry shouts. People start looking at him. He lowers his voice, "Why didn't you tell us?" "I thought you guys knew!" I answer. "Enough chatting kids. We should get to the pitch before Angelina snaps our heads off." George says.

"Okay, now that the team has got permission, we need to train hard so that we can make up for the training time we lost." Angelina announces. "How'd you do it?" Fred asks. "I told Professor McGonagall who went and told Dumbledore. Umbridge had no other choice then to let us play again." Angelina says slyly. "Wicked." George says.

We mount our brooms and we start practicing. After a few hours of intense training, I am wiped out. Angelina sends us off and I head to the Room of Requirement. "When did you tell everyone to meet?" I ask. "Eight o'clock. Just a few more minutes." Hermione answers. Then groups of people start entering and everyone is surprised about how perfect this room was.

Harry starts out by showing us the disarming charm. He tells us to get into pairs and practice with each other. I see Neville standing alone so I say, "Hey, Neville. Want to work together?" Neville smiles and takes his place across from me. I already know how to use the charm so I let him go first. "Expelliarmus!" Neville shouts. I feel my wand leave my hand. "I did it!" Neville shouts, surprised at himself. "Good job." I say, picking up my wand. "My turn. Expelliarmus!" I yell. Neville's wand flies out of his hand. "You're really good at this." Neville says. "Thanks!" I answer. Then Harry grabs a whistle and blows it. Right next to my ear. "Blimey, Harry. Are you trying to make me go deaf?" I joke. "Sorry." he mumbles. Then in a louder voice he tells us that we can always improve.

I turn to Neville again. "Expelliarmus!" I say. His wand flies out of his hand again. As he scrambles to retrieve it, Harry comes over. "You're really good at the disarming charm." he says. "Thanks. Cedric taught it to me when we were duelling." I say. "Oh, well, I reckon that you'll be able to conjure a Patronus by Easter at the rate you're going at." he says. I smile. After a while, Harry tells us that the lesson was over and everyone heads to their dorm rooms. However, I head to Astronomy tower.

I walk up the stairs and Draco is already there. There's a blanket on the floor and food nearby. "Hey Draco." I say as I enter the room. There were candles everywhere. "Were you waiting long?" I ask. "No, not really." he answers. I sit down next to him and I curl up comfortably next to him. He puts one hand on me and says, "I would wait an eternity for you."

I blush. "You are absolutely the cutest guy I've ever met." I say. "That's good. Do you want anything to eat? I got you fries from the kitchens." he says. I sit up. "Ooh, pass me some fries." I say. He laughs and hands me a plate of fries. "Remember when I took your fries and then the twins tried to beat up Zabinni?" he says. "Oh yeah. You were a git back then." I say. "A handsome git," Malfoy corrected me. I laugh.

"Want to spend the night here?" he asks. "Sure. Did you bring pillows or something?" I ask. He smirks and pulls me closer to him. "Why do you need a pillow when you have me?" he asks. I roll my eyes and I lay my head on his stomach. "I love you so much." he says. I smile. "I love you too." I say.