34 - The Start of Year Six

Draco's POV:

       "Are you going to tell her about it?" my mother asks. "No. She's better off not knowing," I say bluntly. "I don't think that someone like Serena would appreciate you hiding stuff from her," my mom says. "It's for her own good," I say while shoving things in my trunk. My mother starts to say, "What if she becomes a-" "No. Absolutely not. I will not let her. Besides, she would never," I interrupt. "And why's that?" my mother asks. "Because the Dark Lord killed her best friend. If anything, she'd want revenge," I say. I close my trunk and I say, "I'm ready. Let's go,"

       We arrive at King's Cross Station and I look for Serena. I find her and I give her a kiss. "Miss me?" I ask with a smirk. "Yes. Clearly, you didn't take my advice," she answers. "What advice?" I ask. "I told you to get more sleep," she says. "Is it that obvious?" I ask. She nods. I haven't been able to get much sleep lately. I would just lay in bed and think about the task I've been given. Sometimes I would think about what the Dark Lord would do to my parents and Serena if I fail the task. I desperately wanted to tell her but I couldn't. It would be selfish of me to tell her what was going on. "...Draco?" I snap out of it. "What are you thinking about? You were lost in thought," Serena says. "Nothing serious," I say quickly. "Ok then. I told Neville I'd go sit with him and Luna, so see you!" she says quickly. I say goodbye to her and I find a cabin with Zabbini.

         After a while, some third-year came and gave Zabbini a letter. Zabbini reads it and excuses himself, leaving me in a cabin with Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle. After some time, Zabbini comes back. He struggles to close the door and I roll my eyes. For a moment, I thought I saw something white but I decided that it was just my mind playing tricks on me. "So, what happened?" I ask. "Just trying to find well-connected people. Not that he's found many," Zabbini answers. "Who else did he invite?" I ask. "Er, McLaggen, Belby, Longbottom, the Weasley girl, and Potter," he says. After talking to Zabbini for a while about the Dark Lord, I look out the window and I see Hogwarts.

      Goyle grabs his trunk and I hear a gasp of pain. What the hell? "You guys go on first. I've got to do something," I say. The four of them leave and I turn to where Goyle's trunk had just been. "Petrificus Totalus!" I yell. Something falls on the ground with a thud and slowly Potter begins to appear. "You didn't hear anything that I care about. However-" I stamp on his face. "That was for landing my father in Azkaban." I pick up his invisibility cloak and throw it over him. Then, I leave.

       I'm in the Great Hall with the Slytherins when Harry walks in with blood all over his face. I listen absentmindedly as Dumbledore makes his announcements. I hear something about Snape and Defense Against the Dark Arts and the Slytherins around me start applauding. Then Dumbledore starts talking about the Dark Lord. I didn't care about anything Dumbledore had to say about the Dark Lord so I start making my fork float with my wand. As the feast ended, I find myself boasting about how I broke Potter's nose.

Serena's POV:

         Ron, Harry, and I are talking to Hagrid. Finally, Hagrid says, "Anyway, I'll see yeh tomorrow, firs' lesson's after lunch. Come early and you can say hello ter Buck- I mean, Witherwings!" Waving his arm, Hagrid leaves. "You guys aren't taking Care of Magical Creatures are you?" Harry asks. "No and Hermione isn't either," Ron says. "I am," I say. "Oh well, at least Hagrid's got you. I don't think he'll be too happy that the three of us aren't taking his class," Harry says.

          The next day, when I arrived at Hagrid's Hut for Care of Magical Creatures. "Hello, Serena. Where are the other three?" he asks. "Um, I'm not sure. But what are we doing today?" I ask. "We're learning 'bout nifflers today. Quite fun little creatures. I'm just gonna wait a few more minutes for the other three," he says. I wasn't sure whether to tell him that Hermione, Ron, and Harry dropped the class. He was definitely disappointed that they didn't show up but I couldn't do anything about it. I walk into Potions and Hermione asks, "How'd it go?" "How'd what go?" I ask. "Care for Magical Creatures! How did Hagrid react when he found out we dropped his class?" Hermione asks. "Well, he was definitely disappointed. But you three should go visit him or something," I suggest. "Good idea," Hermione says.

            Draco walks in and sits down next to me. Then Harry and Ron walk in. "I thought they weren't taking Potions?" I ask Hermione. "Last minute decision," Hermione says. Harry and Ron sit down on the other side of Hermione.

           Professor Slughorn goes over the potions and says that whoever makes the best Draught of Death potion would get a luck potion. I take out my potions book and I start making the potion. I go to the store cupboard and grab the ingredients. I cut the sopophorous bean with a knife, I squeeze the juice in my cauldron, and my potion turns into a shade of lilac. I start stirring my potion counterclockwise. It took a while but my potion started turning a pale pink. Then Slughorn yells, "And time's... up!" I stop stirring and I glance at Draco's potion. It's dark pink. Slughorn looks at my potion. "Very good..." he says as he moves on to Harry's potion. "The clear winner!" he cries. He hands Harry a tiny vial of Felix Felicis.

             Next to me, Draco frowns. "What would you even need a luck potion for?" I ask. "No reason. I don't know why I wanted it," he says. I look at him suspiciously. "Alright then. Whatever you say," I say.