13 - The Hogwart's Express

Serena's POV:

I'm standing on Platform 9 3/4 for the start of my fourth year. This time, no one's staring or asking if I went to this school. "Promise me you'll try out for the Gryffindor team this year?" Cedric asks. He's been asking me this all summer. "Fine, but if I don't make the team then it's not my fault," I say. "Did you say you're trying out for the team this year?" A voice says behind me. "Hey, Fred. Hey, George." I say. "We're going to be teammates!" George exclaims. "Well, I wouldn't be so sure about that. I might not even make the team. I suck at quidditch." I say. "No, you don't suck. She's a really good chaser." Cedric says to the twins. "Wicked," Fred says. "Anyways, wanna sit with us again? We've got puking pastilles!" George exclaims. I look at Cedric. "Oh please, you're acting like you two are a couple and you're inseparable," Fred complains. "We're just going to borrow her for a day Diggory," George says and the twins drag me away. I shoot Cedric an apologetic look and I leave with the twins.

"So, we just need to find a way to make them swallow this part of the pill," George explains to me. "If they are throwing up, then they can't swallow it. That's the only problem." Fred adds. "Why would people want this again? I certainly wouldn't want to throw up on purpose." I say. "To get out of class. Pop one end in your mouth, you'll start puking. Then the teacher will excuse you and you'll leave class early. As soon as you're out of the classroom, eat the other half. And done. You've just found the perfect way to get out of class." George says. "We also have one for nose bleeds!" Fred exclaims. "Do you have the cure for it yet?" I ask. George shakes his head. "Well, what if you make it so that you only puke for five minutes or something?" I ask. "Tried that. Didn't work." Fred says.

A little while later, I get up to use the bathroom. I wait outside after seeing that it was occupied. Then the door opens violently, slamming me in the face. "Ow." Malfoy steps out and turns red. "Sorry," he mumbles. "It's fine. My nose isn't broken or anything." I say. He smirks. "Well, if it was, I would fix it and we'll be even on the whole fixing nose problem," he says. "You're still keeping score? I forgot about that ages ago." I say. "I've got a good memory," he says. I laugh.

I walk into the bathroom and Draco follows me in. "Um, Draco. I'm using the bathroom." I say. "I know," he says, closing the bathroom door. "Then, why are you here?" I ask. He doesn't answer. "Remember when I saved you at the Quidditch World Cup?" he asked. "Yeah, why?" I ask. "You never thanked me," he said. "You couldn't wait until I finished using the bathroom to tell me that?" I ask. He pushes me against the wall. "What are you doing?" I say in a small voice. "Serena McGonagall, I like you," he says. Then he kisses me.

All of a sudden, someone starts banging on the door. Draco rolls his eyes and opens the door. Cedric is standing there looking from Draco to me. "What's going on?" Cedric demands. Draco scowls and says, "None of your business, Diggory." Then he storms out of the bathroom.

I'm still standing at the wall in shock. "Hey, what happened? I saw Malfoy come in with you and you were in here for a while." Cedric says. "Nothing happened, Ced. Can a girl use the bathroom in peace?" I ask. Cedric looks at me weird and leaves the bathroom.

Oh my Godric. What just happened? Draco Malfoy likes me. I sigh and I quickly use the bathroom. I open the door and both Draco and Cedric are standing there. I pretend I don't see them and I head towards my compartment. Cedric grabs my hand and asks, "Can we talk?" "Not now Cedric. I'll talk to you later." I say. I yank my hand away from him.

"Hey, what took you so long?" Fred asks. "Oh, um, there was a line," I say. The Trolley Witch comes to our compartment and asks us if we wanted anything. I shake my head no and she hands me a Chocolate Frog and a piece of paper. "Another boy already paid," she says. I take the two items. I read the note: Sorry if I got carried away in the bathroom. It's okay if you don't like me back. Also, sorry for slamming the door on your face. Draco.

"Who's that from?" Lee asks. "Uh, Cedric. Private stuff." I say, shoving the note in my robes.

We're all sitting in the Great Hall when Dumbledore announces that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year. Behind me, at the Hufflepuff table, I hear Cedric say that he wants to join. "Absolutely not." I hiss at him. "So now you're talking to me?" he whispers back. I roll my eyes. "Meet me in Astronomy Tower after the Feast," I whisper. He nods and I turn around.