Useful, But Annoying

"Julie!" Nick's voice floated down the street toward her.

Julie smiled and waved back at him. She watched him jog toward her, a huge smile plastered on his face.

"I don't like this at all," Alex mumbled behind Julie. He, Reggie and Luke were flanking her shoulders and keeping an eye out for Caleb.

"Shh," Julie hissed under her breath, trying to keep a straight face.

"I'm so happy you made it!" Nick said, slowing down to a stop when he finally reached her.

Julie gave a half-hearted giggle. "Of course!"

Nick put his hands together and looked at their surroundings. "So," he started. "I've already been down these couple blocks, so we can start further up."

"You gotta lead him down the wrong street," Luke whispered into Julie's ear.

"Sounds good," Julie said, hoping Luke would understand that she was talking to him.

"I'm excited!" Nick said.

"I'm nervous," Julie admitted, trying to keep up with how fast Nick was walking.

"I mean, I'm sure it was probably just some weird dream," Nick said.

This surprised Julie. She wasn't expecting him to admit that it wasn't real. Maybe she could lead him down the wrong path after all and he would believe it.

"You didn't want to bring your band?" Nick asked, causing Julie to falter in her thoughts.

"What did he say?" Alex asked from behind Julie.

"Shh," both Luke and Reggie said at the same time.

Julie's eyebrows knit together. "Why would I bring my band?"

Nick looked at her innocently and shrugged. "I don't know," he said. "I thought they might find it fun or something."

Julie was suspicious. "They're busy," she said shortly.

"Yeah, we are!" Reggie hyped her up.

Julie felt the pit in her stomach grow. They were getting closer and closer to where the club was and she was getting more and more nervous.

"So..." she heard Alex say from behind her. "We're kind of close to where it is."

Julie nodded her head to signal that she heard him, even though she already knew they were close.

"This is where I stopped yesterday," Nick stopped walking abruptly. "It's gotta be somewhere near here. I can feel it."

"I'm sweating," Luke said suddenly. "Is anybody else sweating?"

"You're nervous," Reggie tried to rationalize.

"I think we're all nervous," Alex said, his voice sounding higher than usual.

"What about over here?" Julie said, pointing down a random alleyway.

Nick stared down the alleyway then looked back at Julie and raised his eyebrows. "Seriously? Do you want to get shot?"

"No," Julie laughed nervously.

"I think it's this way," Nick said firmly and walked forward. "I'm having intense deja vu right now," he continued. "This all looks so familiar."

"I feel like throwing up," Alex groaned.

"Chill," Reggie said calmly. "As long as he doesn't turn down there, we're good."