Glitching

"So we have to come up with an excuse," Alex said, pacing back and forth in the garage as he usually did when nervous.

"A good excuse," Reggie added.

"Yeah, but are there good excuses for something like this?" Luke asked, throwing himself onto the couch.

Julie was sitting at the piano, her face rested in her palms. "Why am I such an idiot?"

Alex stopped pacing and awkwardly looked over at Luke and Reggie then over at Julie. "You're not an idiot," he said in attempt to comfort her.

Julie looked up. "Sure feels like it to me," she moped.

"Okay, so what we're not gonna do is mope around all day instead of trying to figure this out," Flynn speed walked into the garage.

"Flynn, what are you doing here?" Julie stood up.

"Do you want my help or not?" Flynn asked. She seemed offended that Julie would even ask such a question.

"You got any good excuses for us?" Julie asked.

"No, but I have ideas on how this might work."

Luke flipped over and sat up straight. "Did she say it might work?"

"How in the world are they supposed to appear and talk without playing music?" Julie asked.

"They're not," Flynn said simply. "Just hear me out," she added when she saw Julie's skeptical reaction. "There's a couple ways this could work. You could be the front man and we could record videos of them and give some kind of excuse as to why they couldn't be interviewed."

"That makes no-"

"OR!" Flynn said louder, cutting Julie off. "We could experiment right here, right now with how they show up."

"Okay and when both of those don't work, you have to be the one to let them know we can't do the interview," Julie shrugged, moving out from behind the piano and into the middle of the room.

"So, I'll be your human eyes... or whatever, since you can obviously see them with or without the music and I can't," Flynn grinned, sitting down on the couch, promptly making Luke move faster than anyone had seen him move before.

"She almost sat on me, bro," Luke laughed, walking over to where Reggie and Alex were now standing behind Julie.

"Well, we know that no one can hear us when we play music alone because of the beach," Alex pointed out.

"That's right," Julie said. "It's something about me that makes it so people can see them, because when they sing alone or play instruments, they're still invisible."

"That's lame," Flynn said. Her eyes widened all of a sudden and she excitedly said, "what if you sang everything?"

"That's even more lame, Flynn!" Julie argued.

"Okay, okay. Well, you did it once with me. You just made the break longer in the song and we could talk, remember?"

"Flying Solo!" Reggie exclaimed.

Julie's mouth opened slightly when she remembered. "Oh my gosh, right! We could totally do that. Make like the instrumental break super long for the interview or something?"

"I could contact them and see if they'd let you sing at the end of the interview that way it wouldn't feel too weird to have you guys jamming out the whole time," Flynn suggested.

"Yo, we could really do this," Julie started getting excited. "Can we try?" She turned to Reggie, Alex and Luke who all nodded and grabbed their instruments. "Will you ask us questions, Flynn?"