Rest Easy

"Guys, you're never gonna believe it," Julie walked into the garage with her laptop open in her arms.

"Still crazy to me how different computers are now," Reggie shook his head, following Alex and Luke over to the piano where Julie had just placed the laptop down.

"Wait," Alex started. "Is that for us?"

Julie grinned widely and nodded her head.

"No way!" Luke said. "This is a joke right?"

"Nope," Julie giggled and stepped forward to shut the laptop. "This is real, my friends."

"Does your dad know yet?" Reggie asked. "He can't know because we were just hanging out for breakfast and he would have told me," he said, then quickly added, "or someone," when he saw the looks everyone gave him.

"No, I wanted to tell you guys first and ask if you wanted to come with me while I tell him," Julie stated at them hopefully. She needed their support. It was too big of a deal to do it all alone.

"Of course!" Yelled Alex. "What are you waiting for? Let's go!"

They ran into the house and Julie screamed for her dad. She tried to compose herself before he came down the stairs with a look of concern on his face.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" He asked.

"Dad, I just got an email from someone really cool asking me to do something really cool. Well, not just me.. us- the band," she said very quickly.

"Okay," her dad laughed. "Slow down. Come sit and tell me what it is that's so cool."

They walked over to the couch and sat down facing each other.

"I- we were asked to go on tour with PANIC! At The Disco," Julie grinned and held her hands out in ta-da fashion.

Her father didn't break a smile. "Tour?"

Julie's face fell.

"Don't worry, just explain it maybe it won't be so bad," Alex urged her. The guys were lingering behind her. Luke's face was starting to lose color due to stress.

"I mean not just yet, like it's a process. We have to perform again in front of a crowd and based off of that- and it's not just us, we're like competing with a few other bands- but the ones they like the best will get to go on tour with them," Julie rambled.

Julie's dad's eyebrows were hiked so high, Julie didn't think she had ever seen her dad look so surprised.

"But we got picked, Dad. Me and the guys! Us! We did it, Dad! Do you know how cool this is?" Julie went on.

That's when her dad finally broke into a small smile. "I know this is incredibly cool, Julie."

"But..." Julie knew it was coming.

"But we said school first and touring doesn't sound like school first," he pointed out.

Julie groaned. "I can do school online, dad! The tours not until summer anyway and it's just a performance for right now, you can't say no," she begged.