Way To Go

Flynn barged into the garage. When she realized Julie wasn't there, she called out for the guys. "Luke? Alex? Reggie?"

She held out a notepad and pen, placing it on top of the piano. "If you're here, use this to talk to me. There's something seriously wrong with Julie."

The pen stood up and began scribbling onto the notepad.

We know.

Did something happen at school?

Flynn shrugged. "I don't know. The only thing that happened was her passing out for a couple seconds in between class. After that, she started acting funny."

Who was she with?

"Nick found her, I think."

Nick's the one who poisoned me.

I'm Luke, by the way.

Flynn rolled her eyes. "I gathered," she said. "So, you think something happened with Nick and Julie?"

Maybe it has to do with Caleb...

Flynn shuddered. "How are we gonna fix this?"

"Flynn?" She heard from behind her. It was Julie.

"Julie!" Flynn yipped. She grabbed the notepad and stuffed it in her bag quickly. "I was just looking for you."

"In the garage before coming into the house? That's suspicious," Julie narrowed her eyes. She looked at the guys, who were hanging around the piano, trying not to make eye contact with her.

"I just assumed you'd be out here," Flynn shrugged. "Are you sure about this decision, Julie?"

Julie nodded. "I'm sure," she said firmly. "Can we not talk about this any more?"

"Have you told your dad yet?"

"I didn't have to," Julie said. "Because you already did it."

Flynn swallowed hard. "I was worried about you," she admitted.

"Well, you can stop worrying about me. And go home, Flynn. It's late," Julie said, marching out of the studio.

Flynn turned around to the piano, where she assumed the boys were. "Please do something," she begged. "If it's actually Caleb, this could be so bad."

She couldn't see them, but the guys all nodded their heads in unison, watching her leave.

"I volunteer Luke," Reggie put his finger on his nose.

"What? Why?" Luke argued. "What about Alex!"

"Dude, she likes you, not me," Alex said, smacking his friend's shoulder and pushing him toward the doors. "It's definitely gotta be you."

"What am I gonna say to her?" Luke whined.

"Tell her you love her or something," Reggie shrugged.

Alex laughed. "Don't do that," he said. "Unless you think it'll help," he added, raising his eyebrows.

"I doubt it," Luke struggled to get out of Alex's grip. "She hasn't really seemed all that into me today."

"Well, turn on the charm a little," Alex said, shoving him one last time. "We believe in you."

Luke groaned and popped right outside Julie's bedroom door, which was shut. She was probably getting ready for bed.

He knocked softly. "Julie," he whispered.

"What?" Her voice sounded disgruntled. The plan wasn't going well already.

Luke walked into the room to find Julie sitting cross legged on her bed, a book in front of her. He took a deep breath and walked over to her, sitting on the edge of her bed.