Tomorrow

Nick walked down a side street in downtown Los Angeles. Luke, Alex and Reggie followed behind him. They were curious if Nick even had the slightest idea where the Hollywood Ghost Club was.

"He's pretty close," Luke said, watching Nick take a few steps forward then stare intently at the street signs.

"Doesn't look like he knows what he's doing, though," Reggie pointed out. Nick was looking down one street, then turning to stare down the opposite end to see if anything looked familiar.

"What are we gonna do if he actually finds it?" Luke asked. "What does Caleb even want from him?"

Reggie shrugged. "It has to have something to do with us."

"He's only like a couple streets off," Alex said.

"But he's been walking for at least an hour. He's gotta be over it," Luke shrugged his shoulders hopefully.

Nick sighed, as if he had heard Luke, and started heading back in the direction he came.

"Are you a psychic?" Reggie watched Nick move, completely in shock at Luke's guessing ability.

Luke nodded, flicked his shirt, and puffed out his chest, "hell yeah."

"Okay," Alex gave Luke a dirty look. "Time to go."

"Wait, he's calling someone!" Reggie pointed.

Nick had stopped, waiting to cross the road, and was holding his phone up to his ear.

"Probably Carrie," Alex nodded.

"I didn't find it," Nick grimaced into the phone.

The guys moved closer and could hear a high-pitched voice yapping on the other end of the line. It was definitely Carrie.

"I'm gonna go tomorrow!" Nick continued. "It's gotta be here somewhere. I'm so close. I can feel it."

"He's not wrong," Luke said, holding his head closer to the phone. "Oof, Carrie doesn't like that," he said.

"Oh, what's she saying?" Reggie asked excitedly and moved closer to listen.

"Okay, I'm leaving," said Alex, disappointment clear in his voice as he disappeared, leaving Luke and Reggie to listen in on Nick and Carrie's phone conversation.

--

"Hey, Julie!" Nick called out, running down the school hallway to catch up with Julie.

Julie closed her eyes and sighed then slowly turned around, planting a smile on her face. "Hey, Nick," she said slowly.

"I need to ask you for a weird favor," he said, catching his breath.

Julie narrowed her eyes. "Okay..." she said hesitantly.

"There's this place downtown that I need you to help me find."

Julie's eyebrows shot up. There was no way that Nick was asking her to go find the Hollywood Ghost Club and Caleb. He must have been out of his mind.

"What place?"

"It's this club," Nick grinned hopefully.

"That doesn't sound safe, Nick," Julie looked concerned. "Are you okay?"

"I have to know if it's there or if I'm just crazy!"

"What do you mean?" Julie asked, trying to get more information out of him.

"I dream about it every day," he started. "This guy is there in a top hat and a cape. He shows me this place with huge holden letters spelling out HGC," he spewed off excitedly. "But I can't tell exactly where it is."

"I don't know..." Julie hesitated.

"There's a show every night! You would love it, Julie. I know you would," Nick grinned. "The guy told me."

Julie's eyes widened. "The guy in the top hat?" she asked, watching Nick nod his head. "Told you I would love it?"

Nick grabbed Julie's arms and shook them excitedly. "Yes!" he whisper-yelled. "He told me you could help me find it and that you would love it, so I should bring you."

"You know how nuts you sound right now?" Julie asked him.

"I know! But I looked a little yesterday and I think I'm close to finding it, but I need your help!"

"That's a little weird, Nick, I'm not gonna lie," Julie grimaced. "Maybe we shouldn't. What if it's like some voodoo magic?"

"But what if it isn't and it's something really cool?" Nick wagged his eyebrows.

"I don't know, Nick."

"Don't tell me he's trying to convince you to go find this dream place now, too," Carrie's voice drifted down the hall. She approached Nick and Julie, her eyes piercing Nick's hands that were still grasping Julie's.

Julie pulled her hands free and took a small step backward. She was not comfortable at all with the situation.

"Don't listen to her," Nick rolled his eyes.

Julie laughed nervously. "I'm just gonna stay out of this," she shrugged.

"It's a dream, Nick!" Carrie crossed her arms.

"It feels more real than that," Nick argued.

"It's not real!" Carrie emphasized.

"You don't know that!" Nick continued.

"Actually, I would know about it," Carrie huffed. "Because my dad would be in it!"

Julie felt herself tense up. It was getting really awkward. She had to admit that Carrie was right in the situation, however.

"She has a point," Julie said quietly.

Nick's eyes went round and he stared into Julie's soul, trying to get her to pity him. Julie didn't feel bad at all, or want to help. She was actually more afraid than anything.

"Believe me, Julie. I'm not crazy," Nick begged.

"If I come with you and we don't find it, you won't ask me again, right?" Julie asked. Maybe she could just lead him down the wrong street. It didn't seem like his begging was going to ease up.

Nick's eyes lit up and he grinned widely. "For sure!" He agreed.

Carrie rolled her eyes. "You're both ridiculous," she muttered under her breath, turning and heading toward her next class.

"Great," Julie smiled half-heartedly. She felt guilty about saying yes for some reason. Even though she knew she would never let Nick find the Hollywood Ghost Club, she felt oddly about agreeing to help him.

"You're the best," Nick chuckled, holding his hand up for a high-five.

Julie high-fived him, the uneasy feeling in her stomach growing. She knew it probably wasn't going to end well.