Visible

"Oof," Flynn winced. "You look like you barely slept last night."

Flynn and Julie were walking into the lunch room at school.

Julie groaned. "Thanks. I'm well aware that I look rough," she said, throwing her stuff down and taking a seat.

Flynn's mouth set in a hard line. "Sorry," she said.

"After everything that happened last night, I just couldn't sleep," Julie huffed.

Flynn nodded her head in understanding. "That must have been rough."

"You have no idea," Julie mumbled, plopping her head onto arms that were resting on the table.

"Have you talked to the competition people yet?" Flynn asked, shoving a spoonful of yogurt in her mouth.

"Why would I do that?" Julie asked curiously.

"No one told you?"

"Told me what?"

Julie was starting to become angry and Flynn could sense it.

"When you were possessed, you kind of won the competition, but told them you weren't doing it," Flynn frowned.

Julie's face reddened. "Tell me you're joking," she said.

"Maybe it's not too late," Flynn said hopefully. "Maybe you can contact them and tell them it was some kind of mistake."

"Yeah, maybe," Julie agreed. She sunk in her chair. "This week sucks."

"They said no?" Luke's face fell.

Julie shook her head. "They already booked the other band," she explained.

"At least it wasn't Dirty Candy," Reggie pointed out.

"That's true," Alex nodded his head in agreement.

"Yeah but it should've been us," Julie whined.

"It's okay, Julie," Luke tried to comfort her, placing an arm around her shoulder, but only received a glare in return.

"This is a once in a lifetime opportunity," she said. "This will never happen again."

"You can't say that," Alex protested. "We're good, Julie. Really good."

"We already have a following!"

"Yeah, but not enough for a tour," Julie huffed, crossing her arms.

"We'll get there one day," Reggie shrugged.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Julie sighed. "The school wants us to perform at next week's dance."

"Sweet," Luke celebrated, punching the air.

"See?" Alex said, clapping his hands. "That's the spirit!"

"Let's start rehearsing," Reggie grinned, running over to the instruments.

"Knock, knock," a voice drifted through the studio doors.

"Hey, man," Luke looked up from his notebook. "Alex, your boy toy is here," he called up to the loft.

"I know," Alex gave Luke a dirty look then smiled at Willie. "So, what are you doing here?"

"I was thinking," Willie started.

"You wanted to join the band?" Reggie asked hopefully.

A look of bewilderment crossed Willie's face. "No," he said slowly. "I was thinking..." he tried to start again. "That you guys might actually be able to be visible to lifers besides Julie."