"yeah go brush yo teeth." while elijah went to handle his business, wiz picked out some clothes for him and went to get started on making them something to eat.

"da i can't see!" elijah ran into the kitchen with the shirt half way over his head.

"cause you ain't put it on right," wiz laughed and fixed the shirt.

"i eat panny cake?" the small boy grinned.

"yeah, you need help?" wiz asked while he watched his son try to get in the chair by himself.

"mm m, i big boy." a few more trials of struggling, elijah managed to lift himself in the chair.

"that's what i'm talkin bout." they did a fist bump and wiz got started on the pancakes.

every morning he was thankful that he got to wake up to his son every day. elijah was his aspiration to keep on going.
- - -

"gg, we here!" elijah made his presence known at his grandma's house.

idianna came down the hallway and had her arms open wide for a big hug.

"hi gg!" elijah squealed and idianna picked him up placing kisses to his small cheeks.

"hey grandbaby, you staying with me today?" she asked him as she walked closer to her son.

"da i stay?" elijah asked his dad.

"you hea almost everyday lijah," he said and pulled his mom into a hug, "hey mama."

"hi baby, ya'll ate?" she asked as he followed her to the kitchen.

"yeah, da make panny cakes!" elijah answered for the both of them.

"mm okay, gone head and play while i talk to da." idianna set elijah down and he ran to his room.

"so where you going?" she asked wiz who leaned on the counter.

"you know where i'm goin, you ask me this and get the same answer everyday." wiz said and twisted his lip.

"i don't see why you can't just get a real job, you a smart boy tay." she said with a frown plastered to her face.

"ain't like i had the opportunity ta do so." wiz shrugged and indianna sighed.

"i know, i just wanna see you be better than this. just be safe ya hear?"

"yes ma'am, love you."

"i love you too." idianna released wiz from her embrace and watched him walk out the door.

"lord please save him."
- - -

"i ain't trynna hear that shit," mugga said cutting the man off.

"ya'll was supposed ta have my money today." he said and whitley rubbed his arm trying to calm him down.

"i know and- and i promise i'll have it next week." the man was visibly shaking as he looked at mugga who face was mugged out.

"you won't even life ta see tomorrow." mugga smirked and chucked his head up at mally who put a single bullet in the man's head.

his body went limp and a.k carried him out with the help of ace.

wiz shook his leg as the image of the man's face imprinted itself in his mind, just another lost soul to scream in his nightmares.
- - -

wiz was sitting in his car which was full of smoke, he had been sitting in there for almost three hours just smoking and listening to music.

this was one of the only ways he felt at peace with himself, the other's were when he was with troy and elijah.

elijah was a visual representation of the childhood he had never gotten to experience.

troy was slowly melting the ice on his heart and making an imprint. with her he barely thought about the battles going on in his head.

she was like the rainbow in a storm, everything was better with her around.
- - -

five a.m had rolled around and troy was wide awake waiting for wiz to come home.

she was sitting on the couch falling in and out of sleep, she had ended her shift about four hours ago and there was no sign of wiz.

she called and got no answer, so she stayed up.

once five thirty came, the sound of the lock turning made her open her eyes.

wiz had shuffled inside and he smelt of strong marijuana, it filled the bottom floor of the house.

troy stayed on the couch and waited for him to entire and when he did, she looked in his eyes.

they were low and red, but she could still see how restless he looked. he appeared to be out of it.

"why you still up?" he asked her.

"i was waitin for you." troy answered.

"i'm good, come on." troy shut the tv off and took his hand that he held out for her.

she followed him to his room and sat on the bed.

"is everything okay?" she asked worried as he took off his outside clothes.

wiz met her eyes in the mirror and nodded before going to the bathroom.

troy sat there for a while until wiz came back and smelt of dove soap.

"lay down, i'm coo." wiz mumbled as he laughed to himself.

"you sure?" troy didn't believe him for a second, but she did lay down next to him.

"yeah." wiz wasn't good, but there was nothing troy could do to stop the screams he kept hearing inside of his head.

the girl sighed before allowing herself to fall asleep, wiz held her in his arms and stayed awake.

he couldn't fall asleep, every time he shut his eyes he saw things he didn't wanna see.

so he stayed silent and let his demons pick at his mind which drove him crazy.

there was nothing he could do, but allow them to drive him to insanity.