Seven

Chapter Seven| Camil
🥀

I can't stop thinking about her.

She's all I ever think about.

Angel.

"Camil, are you even listening to me?!" She sighs as I daze at her.

She's teaching me how to bake.

She really is bringing out the softie in me, only for her though.

"Sorry." I grin, she rolls her eyes knowing that I'm not actually sorry for admiring her for the tenth time today.

"Do you want to decorate the cupcakes?" She smiles, looking up at me with her beautiful brown eyes. She hands me a piping bag, filled with pink icing.

I watch with furrowed eyebrows as she begins to decorate so effortlessly. I try, squeezing the bag but it explodes everywhere. "Shit!" I jump back and look up at Angel who is trying not to laugh.

I look down at my black dress shirt to see that it is now smeared with pink icing.

"Don't laugh." I say to Angel but she does. I can't help but laugh with her. However her laughing stops when I smear icing all over her face.

"Cam!" She squeals and my heart jumps at the nickname she's given me.

"It's only fair." I shrug, smugly and she playfully rolls her eyes.

"I have to work." She raises her eyebrows.

"Yeah and so do I, baby." I raise my eyebrows at her also.

"Well I think you still look good." She smirks, looking me up and down and I feel my face heat up.

Only this woman can make me a nervous wreck.

"I better get going, pack me one of those cupcakes to go." I wink and watch as she begins to put two of them in a pink box.

"There you go." She smiles brightly, handing me the box and to my surprise, she reaches up on her tip toes, I lean down so she can kiss me on the cheek.

"I'll come pick you up later?" She nods her head eagerly.

She's actually spending the night round mine. Lauren is staying with a friend and her sister is away for the weekend so she didn't want to me alone.

And neither did I.

"Bye." She waves and I wave back, exiting the shop and getting into my car.

Twenty minutes later, I pull up outside the warehouse and sigh, staring down at my dirty shirt. I walk into the building and as soon as Jay spots me he begins to laugh, making me roll my eyes.

"You get into a fight with a fluffy teddy bear, Camil?" He laughs, clutching his stomach.

"Alight mate, it's not that funny." I mumble, unbuttoning it and chucking it on the floor. I walk into my office and pull out a new one from the cupboards.

I put it on and then turn back to face my best friend.

"Angel?" He smirks.

"Yes."

"When's the wedding?" I roll my eyes yet again at him.

"Shut up, you idiot. Now what's the issue? I haven't got long about a couple hours before I need to go and pick up my Angel." I crack my knuckles and his face hardens.

"Camil, you're not going to like this." I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"What is it?" I question quickly.

"So you know you told me to do research into Angel's dead ex." I nod my head. "He's not dead. He faked it."

"Fuck!" I grit my teeth.

Angel is in a really good place now, I can't afford for her to go back to how she was all those years ago.

I won't let that happen.

"Where the fuck is he?" I growl out.

"France. He's been there for about a year, it's clear he's been laying low but I don't know what his next plans are." I bite my lip and rub the stubble on my face.

"I hate to say it Camil but there's a high chance that he's going to go after Angel and as far as I'm aware, his daughter." My blood boils at the thought of that piece of shit being Lauren's dad.

He doesn't deserve that title.

Ever.

"What's his name?"

"Maxim." I roll my eyes at the name. "He's half Russian, half Moroccan." He mumbles the last bit and my eyes widen. "Guess Angel likes a Moroccan man." Jay winks.

"Get me every detail on that fucker! Every single one, Jay. I want him dead as soon as possible and I want to be the one to do it, I know he abused my Angel and he's not going to get away with it!" I exclaim.

•••

I now have Angel pressed up against the wall as I trace kisses down her neck.

"Camil." She whimpers and I grin down at her. She smiles up at me and I couldn't feel any happier in this moment.

"You make me so happy." I can't help but whisper and I watch as her expression softens. She reaches up and begins to stroke my cheek, smiling gently.

"You make me happy too." My eyes widen.

"Really?!" I whisper in excitement and she giggles.

"Of course!" She smiles, reaching up to peck me on the lips. "Now what are we going to do tonight?" She questions walking around and observing my home.

I get nervous, not wanting to make her bored.

Fuck, what should we do?!

"Cam?" She turns around to face me with a warm smile. "Can I have a drink?" I quickly nod my head and make my way to the kitchen, she follows behind me.

"Course, baby. What do you want?" I look at her.

"You have tea?" I nod and then begin to make her tea.

We soon find ourselves sat in my bed, the lights off, the only light coming from the glow of the television that has some film on.

Angel seems to enjoy it, but I prefer just watching her. Her head rests on my lap as I lean back against the headboard.

I can't help but begin to stroke her soft curly hair. She turns her head to look up at me and smiles brightly.

"Hi." She whispers.

"Hi." I lean down to kiss her lips.

I'm never letting anything bad happen to her. I'd die before anything or anyone hurt her.

A/N
Awww cuties 🥺🖤