Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen| Angel
🌟

It's one in the morning and Camil hasn't come home, he won't answer his phone and I'm beginning to get really worried.

I bite my nails anxiously as I sit on the sofa, waiting for the door to open. I wanted to tell him how much I love and appreciate him tonight.

I begin to call him again when I hear the door unlock. I watch with wide eyes as Camil stumbles through the door.

"Cam." I whisper, standing up cautiously, slowly making my way over to him.

He stares at me with bloodshot eyes and my heart drops at his dilated pupils.

"You're high." I whisper and he scoffs.

"And you're a fucking liar. I fell in love with a fucking liar." He spits and I stumble back in shock, my heart beginning to race in fear.

Liar?

He loves me?

What have I done wrong?

"Cam?" I whimper and he begins to shake his head. "W-What have I done? I'm s-sorry if I hurt you just tell me what it is I've done?" I plead, hating the fact that he is mad at me.

Am I the reason why he has relapsed?

Another whimper escapes my lips.

"P-Please don't hurt me." I plead, taking a step back.

"You make me sick!" He slurs and I bite my lip. "When was you gonna tell me, huh? When are you gonna drop this victim act?" I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Cam, what are you going on about?" I whisper.

"You're working with Maxim to take me down! What did I do to you, Angel, for you to go against me?" I frown at his accusation.

"He abused me, Camil, you know that! Why would I work with him to take you down? I haven't seen that man for years." I whisper and Camil begins to chuckle.

"Don't fucking lie!" He shouts and I cry, stepping back until my back is against the wall. I feel my breathing begin to increase as I stare at the man I love stare down at me with so much hatred.

"I'm not lying." I sniffle. "I love you." He freezes at my words and his own eyes begin to water.

"I want you out, I don't give a shit where you go but get the fuck out of my house, fucking bitch!" I release a shaky breath and flinch when he throws a glass at the wall.

He's going to hurt me.

"I-I've been by your side, I never left when I found those drugs by your bed, I never left when you told me you're practically a criminal. I listened and stayed by your side." I say, sticking up for myself. "But you want to believe that I'm working with my abuser, someone who battered me black and blue, made me suicidal so I could take the man I love down?!"

Camil continues to stare at me with empty eyes.

"You think I'm that sick in the head to make this up? You think four years ago when you saw me with cuts and bruises that I did that to myself?" I laugh hysterically. "I've been abused all my life, Camil, even when I was a little girl and for once I found some happiness with you because I thought I could trust you and you could do the same." I run a shaky hand through my hair.

"Stop it." He grits his teeth so I continue.

"I'm hurt, Camil, you've hurt me." I whimper. "I have a daughter and you think I've got time to be deliberately putting her in danger. She adores you Camil. It's not my fault that you have crazy trust issues."

I watch him clutch his hair in frustration and he bites his trembling lip.

"For you to believe the first lie about me, without even asking me first is where I draw the line and the fact you believe my abuser over me is sickening." He looks at me with wide eyes and then steps forward, so I move away from him in fear, worried that he will lay a hand on me.

Especially with drugs in his system.

"Don't come any closer to me." I hold my hands out in front of me and his eyes begin to water even more. "You're angry and I don't want you hurting me." I admit and he releases a shaky breath, shaking his head.

"No, no, no." He cries. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He stumbles back and looks around with fear in his eyes.

"Camil-"

"I-I'm not like him! H-He's messed me up!" He begins to hit his head and I begin to sob as I watch him hurt himself. "He made me like this! I don't want to be like this! I always feel people don't want me." He whimpers and slides down against the wall.

I continue to stare at him in shock.

"I'd never betray you, Camil." I whisper, wiping the tears from my cheek. "It's sad that you think I would, you clearly don't know me at all."

"Mummy?" I turn to face my little girl who is staring between us with scared, watery eyes. I rush over to her and pick her up, distancing ourselves from Camil who has his head down. "What's going on?" She clutches onto me tightly and I try to give her a reassuring smile.

"Princess, listen to me. I need you to go to your room and pack your bags for mummy, okay." I whisper and she slowly nods her head. I place her on her feet and watch as she scurries back down the hallway.

"I'm sorry." Camil croaks and stands back up.

I turn my back to him and rush into the bedroom and begin to pack all my stuff. I hear Camil walk into the bedroom but I ignore him.

"Baby?" I clench my eyes shut at his voice.

"You don't love me." I whisper, turning to face him and he furrows his eyebrows. "Because if you did, Camil, you would of not of come back here high as hell accusing me of something I never did."

"I do love you." He tries to get closer to me but I keep my distance. "I'm sorry, I-I jumped to conclusions."

"You called me a bitch. That word was all I heard throughout my life, I would never hurt a fly but everyone would call me a bitch. A bitch for being nice, a bitch for being vulnerable, a bitch for just being Angel." My voice cracks as I recall all of the horrible memories of my childhood. "I thought you were different but really you're just like the rest of them."

Tears begin to fall down his cheeks and he sniffles, staring at me with so much guilt.

"I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't let anyone treat me or my daughter like crap ever again and you're no exception." I zip up my bag and make my way out of the room. "Lauren baby, come on." I call out for my little girl and she walks out in her dressing gown, her little shoes on her feet.

As she walks past Camil, she stares up at him with wide eyes.

"D-Do you not want us anymore, Mr Camil?" She questions him and I pick her up.

"I do, Little Lauren." He pleads and I cast him a glare. "Angel, don't do this, don't leave me." I hold Lauren's head to my chest and begin to walk towards the front door.

"We're done." Are my last words to him before I make my way out of his home.

A/N
Sorry guys, lol🖤