Nyctophile||14

1st P.O.V

Nyctophile
(n)
A person who loves night, darkness.

Our dad was luckily home and was able to drive us home cause there was no way I could carry him home or the others to bring him home. I hated it, how the past seems to always comeback. When I saw the blood on Rintarō's forehead I remembered the scene of how my brother died, how the blood slowly rolled of his forehead and falling to the ground, how his eyes slowly blinked trying to keep them open. Rintarō sort of reminds me of my brother, their eyes and their hair that was exactly the same colour, that's why when I saw Rintarō passed out I had mistook him as my brother; my brother who died in front of me.

"Y/n why don't you come with us dear?" He opens the door slightly making it enough for his head to pop in. "Your friend Suijin is also here." He gave me a smile, he must have noticed the eerie silence or how I was slightly different. Mr.Suna was a really observant person he knows my habits better than my mom knows me, he knew that every-time I would always be on my table reading a book with headphones my head. He left the door slightly ajar meaning that I should go downstairs and eat. I put on my slippers and went downstairs, slower than usual and more tired than usual.

Suijin took notice of my presence immediately and stood up from the sofa and held my hand while walking me down the stairs. "Are you okay Y/n?" Earning the attention of Mr.Suna, he probably thinks by now that we're dating or something though it wouldn't be much of a surprise because many people assume that we're dating anyways. His left hand that caressed my hand slightly, I liked how warm they were and how they looked so big compared to my tiny fingers.

"Don't worry about me Suijin, I'm always alright okay." I said forcing him to agree with my statement. We were walking to the kitchen table to go eat supper cause I heard that our dad had invited him for dinner, I saw Rintarō on the table not looking that well, his face quite bruised up and I saw how his hand slightly covered the side of his stomach. Reiko
who sat across Rin looked worried that her lips were pale. I pressed my palm on the top of her and reassured that her Rintarō will be fine.

We began eating the supper that was prepared in front of and giving our thanks before digging in. "Suijin are you dating my daughter?" That was one thing I found out about Mr.Suna he was extremely protective over his daughters, one time I heard him talking to Rintarō saying that as the future man of the family he should protect his sisters. Mr.Suna would always look closely to the volleyball boys when they visited as well, giving them glares from time to time. He was like my biological dad in-fact.

"I'd gladly take your daughter's hand but both of us don't share these feeling some of us call love, me and your daughter are just like brother's and sister's; so don't you worry about me Mr.Suna." He looks up from his plate and answered quite professionally on our dad, he gives out a flat smile to reassure the man who was nervous for her daughter. Mr.Suna looked quite convinced with what he said and nodded at his words, I guess her sort of gave him this badge of approval guessing by the looks he gave him.

"Rintarō does anything hurt?" I asked when I heard him slightly wince. He slightly bended his head and balled his body a bit, one of his hands slightly clenching onto the table. I saw the fresh bruises awhile when I was on the infirmary along with him, I heard that those nasty bruises will last about a week and half or maybe even two weeks the nurse said. When our dad came to complain to school I heard that they will be getting a two-week suspension and be receiving a reprimanding from the principal tomorrow. "I should've killed them." I mumbled softly making Rintarō chuckle.

He rests his one of his hands on my shoulder and said, "A woman like you shouldn't have any type of dealings with scums like them." Rintarō has also picked up on my habit of saying "scums" or any incoherent words. "I'm glad you helped me." He said while tapping my shoulder repeatedly after that he continued to go on and eat his food. He munched on his food, letting go of his side bit by bit until he completely lets go of them. I just let my mind relax for a bit and continued to eat Mr.Suna's food speciality.