°CHAPTER ONE°

A/N: Welcome to another book written by your one and only, yours truly Mofiyhin_.

HAPPY NEW MONTH

~~🌠🌠~~

DIANE knew she should have woken up early and drove to the studio as early as possible but the whole morning routine had gone the other way. She had woken up by eleven am after staying up all night browsing on styles, her alarm had rung ten times but her body didn't move because waking up is nothing she loves to do after sleeping by 8 am.

She had a quick shower and brushing of teeth in less than three minutes, got into her blue denim pants and white baggy T-shirt pulled on her brown Bob closure wig, and brown cross sandals. She rushed downstairs after she was ready and after the maid had informed her Oge was downstairs. They got into her car and she drove out of the house heading towards Admiralty way, Lekki.

She was making small talks with her assistant on what and what they would pair and about her lazy morning. The drive from Victoria Island to Lekki was stressful and heartbreaking because of the terrible accident they witnessed. Rose one of the models was very close, called as she turned to the street where Latox studio was, she gave Oge to answer the call and speak to her while Diane drove.

Minutes later, Diane pressed the horn to alert the gateman who was already unlocking the gate to let her and another car into the big mall compound full of cars. Diane maneuvered her car to find somewhere to park and not scratch her brand new BMW that her father got for her twenty-fourth birthday.

Diane was more focused on the back rather than her sides as she found a spot in an enclosed space. As she was reversing to get into the spot, something beside her made a screeching sound on her car. Diane pressed her brake, full of anger at whatever or whoever, she wound down her window and saw a rather unkempt guy holding two long tripods and a flashgun in his hands. His sight made her angrier because he didn't feel remotely sorry, doubling her anger for waking up late and arriving here late.

She eyed him and shouted at him "Didn't you see the car? Have you gone blind all of a sudden? Is that how to hold a tripod? Tell your boss to teach you your work next time." She blurted out angry, she wound up and drove into the spot.

She alighted from the car and walked to the back of the car to check the tiny scratch. Even though it was tiny she was angry at how he had destroyed the color of the car, determined to report him to his boss she opened the back door and pulled a bag of accessories, and headed towards the building with Oge behind her carrying another box of jewelries.

Diane didn't see the guy she met downstairs working with his other colleague when she got up so she just made her way to the dressing and make-up room by the side. The three models were sitting on three make-up chairs getting their faces beat and while the one left got her hair done when she got inside. She walked to Rose, the one who had booked her and the designer of the clothes they were modeling. She had met Rose at the beginning of her career two years ago when Diane got back to Nigeria. Rose had introduced her to a lot of designers in the fashion industry.

"Didi." Rose smiled upon seeing Diane. "You're late." Rose scolded.

"I'm sorry, woke up late, traffic then got my car scratched a few minutes ago, not a good day."

Rose giggled. "Pele. It's Lagos for you. All those stupid Danfo drivers and all. The mainland is worse." Diane just nodded not in the mood to tell the story of the ass she met minutes ago. "Latox got into terrible traffic on his way from a shoot, he got another photographer for today, I hope that one is good."

"Latox doesn't recommend bad." Diane assured her "Where are the dresses?" She asked looking around.

"Over there, that lady is steaming them." Rose said pointing towards the other end of the white dressing room.