CHAPTER 36

"What did you say?" that was Michael.

I was so stunned. I wasn't expecting him to show up out of nowhere. This is awkward for me.

"How much did you hear?" Kayla asked boldly.

"I will ignore the part where you were running your mouth calling my fiancee a gold digger and ask again. What did you just say Selena" he turned his attention to me, eyes red and angry.

Before I could say anything Kayla stood up and spoke.

"But that's what she is, a gold digger now we know she's also a shameless home wrecker" as the words left her mouth, Micheal rushed towards her with his fist raised as if he wanted to hit her, but he didn't. Kayla did not waiver.

"Hit me and watch me throw you in jail. At least that will stop your doom wedding from happening" this two are crazy for real. I just sat there shrinking into my seat.

"Did you come here to run your mouth and ruin Michelle's name huh? Are you so bored with your life you decided to come and meddle in mine? Michael screamed at me.

I'm confused who is Michelle?

"Who is Michelle?" I voiced my thought.

Kayla was now looking  at me weirdly too.

"You don't even know her name? Yet she's your whore of a husband's baby mama? " He scoffed.

"Kayla tell your friend to leave before I drag her out" he threatened.

This is where I draw the line. I decided to speak for myself.

"I get it, you're in love and I have been there. But with this over the top reaction, I know you know I'm telling the truth. Perhaps you've had suspicions and I just confirmed it. Don't live in denial. That woman you call Michelle is named Selena, if that is even her real name. She has been in a relationship with my husband for years, they even have a son together. Now he's broke suddenly she's marrying you. Save your family fortune because trust me she will empty your coffers"

I said goodbye to Kayla and walked towards the door but Micheal stood in my way. I will punch the daylight out of this man if he tries anything with me.

"Are you telling me the truth?" he asked with a mellow voice.

"No. I am so crazy as to reconcile with my best friend after eight years and try to ruin her brothers life. What do you think?"

He just moved towards the couch and sat dejected. Should I still go? I mean what is the protocol for things like this.

"I knew that boy was hers. Even when she would lie that he's her nephew. I knew it. I don't even care if she has a kid. Why did she lie to me? What is her real name? Who is she?" The man looked like he wanted to cry.

"It's okay. You should be thankful you haven't married her yet" Kayla comforted him. I just stood there out of place.

"I should get going" I announced and walked out. That was intense. Thank God I drove my car here, now I can go home and breathe. I just saved a life.

"Selena wait" Kayla rushed towards me.  I dropped my bag in the car and turned to her.

"Micheal wants to call Michelle or whatever her name is to come over and I want you to stay incase she tries to deny anything"

As interesting as this sound, I felt awkward. I don't want be in this situation but Kayla's hopeful eyes made me agree.

"Sure I'll stay" I followed her back in and we waited in awkward silence.

"Baby" I recognize that voice anywhere.

She came into the house happily until she laid eyes on me. I should have smirked, but I wasn't feeling it. I didn't do this for revenge. Okay maybe ten percent revenge and 90 percent helping out my friends.

"Babe where is the surprise?" She asked and walked towards Michael. Is she trying to pretend that I'm invisible?

"Don't touch him" Kayla smacked her hands away from reaching her brother.

"What's going on here? Babe say something" she did not even look worried. What an actress.

"What is your name?" Michael spoke up.

"Is this a joke? I don't have time for this I'm leaving" she turned around to leave and nearly tripped as Michael pulled her back.

"What is your name?" He asked again and this time he was screaming it. Honestly he should get anger management.

"Did you suddenly develop amnesia? my name is Michelle and I am your fiancee" she screamed back and pulled her hand out of his.

"Are you sure about that Selena?" He asked. I was expecting her to deny it. She didn't.

"Selena is my middle name, baby what are you on about?" She said gently cupping his face with both hands. This girl is good. Micheal moved his face away.

"Why did you lie about your son?" His voice is way calmer now. As if he was no longer angry. He truly does love her.

"What are you talking about? I don't have a son. He's my nephew" she lied easily. Wrong answer because Michael's anger became rekindled.

"Don't lie to me" he screamed. I even flinched and he wasn't talking to me.

"You were Barry's Mistress for years, had a son for him and here you are denying it. Don't you have any shame? His wife is right here for goodness sake" Kayla spoke up.

"So what? Don't you have a past too? Yes I dated a married man, he promised to marry me and we had a child together. Is that my big offence? Is that why you gang up on me like this?" She started crying.

"Okay I've had enough of this drama" I stood up and walked towards her. She flinched and stepped backwards. I'm glad she remembers she can catch these hands at anytime.

"Well why don't you go to him in prison and marry him. He's no longer now and all yours" I said with a tight lipped smile.

"It's not my fault your marriage failed. Your husband cheated on you, you knew about it, didn't call him out or do anything yet you expected him to change. Isn't that madness? You think Barry gave a rat's ass about me? No he didn't, that man is a whore. Why don't  you haunt down his other mistresses and baby mamas? He has two other kids with some Instagram models. Please I beg you, stop trying to ruin my life." She screamed at me went to kneel before Micheal begging him.

I was too stunned to speak. I didn't turn around, I just walked straight to my car.