*Filler: Different Caliber, Same Use

Start from the beginning

Taking a munch out of it, I would hum slightly due to how good these cookies were. That or I haven't had cookies in a while...either way, they were good.

"Woah. Where'd ya buy these? Might have to swing by one day."

"I made em! Store bought are just as good if ya know where to look. But sometimes I like to make my own."

"Shhhh....-oot. Color me surprised, Red. Not too shabby."

She soon out up a rather large smile that tugged further at my heart. For some odd reason, I'm getting vibes to protect her at all costs....almost instinctually. Taking another bite, Ruby had let go so I could eat the rest without taking off a digit from the girl. Looking down at the plate though, there were about two left.

Being confused by how they all just disappeared, Ruby's hand came into view as she swiped one then the last one. Looking at her though, she seemed to be only chewing one...what in hell...?

"Oh! Sorry! I got carried away!"

"Eh. Don't sweat it, Red. Besides, I can't let myself eat too many sweets."

"Hm. True. Wouldn't want to gain more weight and become hard to move."

"Yea-Oi, what's that supposed to mean?"

"Ooh!"

I felt a bit offended by her comment but, as soon as I whipped my head to he, she used her semblance. Zooming over my bed and over to my weapon rack. Somehow the plate had found its way over to my desk near the entry door. Feeling a bit self-conscious, I would poke my stomach lightly. It honestly felt like I gained some weight. Or maybe that was my head messing with me.

Looking back at Ruby, she was inspecting my Kraber AP while making lovey eyes at it. I found it hard to be angry with the little pipsqueak. Even if she did just call me fat on accident. Ruby then pulled the bolt back with ease that only skilled pilot can. Catching the round midair, she inspected it.

"Oooooh! Fourteen-point-five by one-fifty-five millimeter!But...different...heavier yet same dimensions...Is it armor piercing?"

Gun-nut. Cute. But armor piercing? This made give a small grimm chuckle to which she tilted her head at.

"Yeah. Armor piercing. Back home, these rounds were used for the more...bigger grimm."

"Coooool!"

It felt bad I had to lie but, I had two things riding on that response. A, my true identity and B, her innocence. Lord knows what would happen to her innocence if I told her the thing punches holes the size of grapefruit into pilots and people.

"PILOT, THE KRABER AP SNIPER RIFLE IS ANTI-"

"Piece of armor! Its a strange abbreviation but, actions speak louder than words. Right, Athena?"

Looking at Athena with a small glare, she soon lowered herself a bit as Ruby watched on. Giggling softly, she held the Kraber round in her hand before looking to me with a giddy smile.

"Can I keep it!? Pleeeeaaaase?"

Rolling my eyes at Ruby, albeit in a playful manner, I then put a hand under my chin and thought for a bit. Seeing the look of anticipation and anxiety on Ruby sure was a treat.

"Hmm....nope."

Popping the p in nope, Ruby's face drooped as she seemed like a puppy who just had their paw stepped on. Chuckling a bit, I soon walked over to her and placed a hand over her head. Patting softly before taking my Kraber away from her. To which she whined to before holding out the round she ejected.

"What? Think I want that after you touched it with your grimy little paws?"

Ruby's face became one of shock before she noticed the large grin on my face. She's smarter than she let's on since she immediately went wide eyed and gasped.

"Really!?"

"Yes. It's fa——r too contaminated now."

"Oh thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

What came next was possibly the worst feeling ever. The feeling of having a small girl hug and lift me into the air. I didn't even scream out in pain or anything. I just let out silent heaves of air before Ruby put me back down.

"Thanks! I'll cherish it! Oh! I gotta go now! Bye, Pilot! You're the best!"

As I simply stood in place, silently and rocking slightly, Ruby high-tailed it out my dorm room using her semblance. She was probably going to be late for her next class. Soon after, Athena appeared outside  the window as she focused on me.

"PILOT? ARE YOU OK-?"

"A————H—————AH! FU-!!"

—————————————————————