Chapter 14

A/N look at that two updates in a day I'm on a roll. I love this story line haha.

- -

"Ms. Cabello you have the right to remain silent..." The officer tells a scared Camila.

"YOU CAN'T TAKE HER SHE'S INNOCENT!" Lauren screams from inside the ambulance as they place Emily next to her.

"Ma'm you need to relax everything will be alright." The nurse tries to speak to the green eyed beauty while closing the doors to the truck.

"NO! SHE DIDNT DO ANYTHING." Lauren said sobbing now.

Lauren keeps moving around trying to rip the needles from her body. They instantly sedate her.

- -

Disoriented and confused green eyes open to a bright light shining down on her. Lauren manages to open her eyes fully and looks around. The hospital. She looks around again as she doesn't spot her daughter. She remembers everything that happened the day before and instantly begins to cry.

Soon the door opens and in walks Dinah with Emily. Lauren looks over and smiles weakly.

"Hey you woke up." Dinah says placing Emily on the edge of Lauren's bed.

"Hi mommy." Emily says and Lauren pats a spot next to her for the little girl.

"Where's Camila?" Lauren asks.

"They're questioning her right now." Dinah says.

"She can't say anything. She doesn't have a lawyer." Lauren says desperately.

"Your parents took care of that. Relax please she's going to be fine." Dinah says.

"Dinah she killed someone." Lauren says.

"It was self defense." Dinah says just above a whisper.

"What are you hiding Dinah Jane?" Lauren manages to figure out the way Dinah was hiding something.

The Polynesian girl looks at her for a few seconds then sighs. "They have no proof of that."

"What? What more proof could they need."

"Apparently the gun wasn't Luis's and it was registered under her name. It all looks like he came in and she shot you and him." Dinah says tears on the rim of her eyes.

"That's not true. I have to give my statement, Dinah call the cops!" Lauren says trying to get up but Dinah stops her from doing so.

"They'll be here."

"This is so fucked up. Camila can't go to jail. She doesn't deserves this." Lauren cries into dinah as Emily now sits on the couch.

"Mommy don't cry." The little girl says but it only makes Lauren feel worse.

- -

Days pass and there is no sign of the cops and no news from Camila. Dinah has been coming everyday and has been taking care of Emily but either she doesn't know anything about Camila or refuses to tell Lauren what's going on.

But all that stopped.

"Ms. Jauregui?" Lauren hears a stern voice coming from the door.

She quickly sits up. "Yes."

"Hi, I'm here for your statement about what happened a few nights ago." The cop says coming to sit on the chair next to the hospital bed.

"I'm here." she says nervously.

"Alright so we can begin." He says taking out a recorder.

He waits a few minutes.

"Ms. Jauregui where were you 5 nights ago?"

"My house with Camila and my daughter."

"What where you doing?"

"We were all watching movies the entire day and decided to make cookies a little over 7:00 pm."

"Okay. what is your relationship with Ms. Cabello?"

"We used to be best friends. Now she's my girlfriend."

"Would you say that your relationship is abusive in anyway?"

"No! That's absurd."

"Relax Ms. Jauregui I'm not here to cause any harm these are just simple questions."

Lauren nods shyly and looks down at her hands playing with eachother.

"Ms. Jauregui how is Camila's relationship with the individual that passed away?"

"Camila and Luis were friends. We were all friends until he decided to cheat on me while I was pregnant."

"So you're saying that Camila didn't like him."

"No. Well yea in a way I guess."

"So Ms. Cabello had a reason for harming this individual."

"That's not what I said at all. You're twisting my words."

"No Ms. Jauregui I'm just stating the obvious."

"Well no she had no reason to do such a thing."

"Okay Ms. Jauregui that's all for today. Thank you for your help we'll get back to you." He smiles politely and walks out.

"Wait what? How could you do anything with such little information?" Lauren says but he's out the door.

She can't think straight right now she has to get up and leave. Find out what's going on with Camila. She gets up and begins to rip the things attached to her body when Normani walks through the door.

"Lauren stop! Stop it!" The dark skinned girl runs over to her friend and touches the button that calls for the nurse.

"No I have to go get Camila."

"Lauren stop."

"No I need Camila." Lauren begins to cry.

"Lauren you can't go see her it will shatter your heart." Normani says and Lauren cries into her shoulder.

"They're treating her like a serial killer." Lauren says.

"You're not too far off but she's strong. she's going to make it out of this." Normani says as the nurse comes in and fixes what Lauren ripped off.

"She's okay. She's fighting hard." Normani says and Lauren's cries settle.

"Dinah and Emily are coming in a few minutes with pizza. You need to eat and show Emily you're okay."

Lauren smiles at the thought of her daughter.

Everything is going to be fine.