Chapter 18

"Oh I'm so sorry I didn't meant to-" Lauren tries to apologize for running into yet another rack at the supermarket.

The guy begins to laugh and pick up the stuff from the ground.

"It's fine." He says and looks up at Lauren once he's done.

Immediately Lauren locks eyes with the stranger. The green in it keeping her in a daze. "Is there anything I can help you with?" The stranger asks.

"Um no. I'm fine." Lauren says and quickly walks away far enough so he can't see or hear her. She quickly dials Camila's lawyer and waits for him to answer.

"Hello?" A firm voice speaks through the line.

"I found him." Lauren says convinced.

"What?"

"His eyes are the shade of green that was described to us." Lauren says excitedly.

"Ms. Jauregui you need to calm down, there are many guys who have green eyes that fit the description, we'd have to bring him in for questioning and in order for the witness to pick him out from the many." The lawyer speaks wisely.

"No but I know it's him." Lauren says desperately.

"Ms. Jauregui I'm afraid my hands are tied. Spark up a conversation get to know him and see if he seems suspicious." The lawyer says and the line goes dead right after.

Lauren sighs deeply and starts walking towards the exit when she bumps into a stiff body just around the corner.

"I'm so-" She begins but cuts herself off.

"You're a little clumsy." The green eyed stranger speaks.

Lauren smiles faintly as she gathers herself. "Yea I guess so." She begins to walk away once again.

"I'm Austin!" He says loud enough to make the green eyed girl turn around.

"Lauren." she says and he smiles.

"Nice to meet you." he says and she nods shyly and walks away once again.

What just happened? She just made conversation with a fucking criminal. Well okay not a criminal but close enough. Besides what is she doing socializing when she should be weeping over Camila being in jail or picking up Emily from school.

Emily!

- -

"Mommy you're late." Emily says walking out of the now empty classroom.

"Yes I'm sorry baby I got held up." Lauren says grabbing the little girl's hand as they walk back towards the car.

"I was all by myself." Emily says with a pout.

"In sorry Em, listen I'll buy you some ice cream." Lauren says.

"Mommy says ice cream is bad, but she said it was delicious." Emily says smiling.

Lauren smiles as the memory floods her mind. God she needs to get Camila out of there and now.
- -

After several ice cream cones Lauren gets Emily home. She quickly gets a call from the lawyer letting her know that there are several men down at the station who fit the description of Luis's "friend."

The witness or more so neighbor who kinda heard and saw Luis and the man's interaction the night of the accident was scheduled to drop by tomorrow. Lauren knew she had to be there.

But something in her gut was telling her that nothing was going to be solved. She needed that guy from the market to be there. He seemed pretty suspicious to her.

"What about the guy I told you about today?" Lauren says.

"He might or might not be one of the suspects."

"No he needs to be there! It's him I know it." Lauren says and Emily comes towards her to the kitchen.

"I'm sorry. Lets hope he's there." The lawyer says and Lauren sighs.

"I have to go." The green eyed beauty says and the line goes dead.

"You hungry baby?" Lauren asks as the little girl holds out her arms in order for her mother to carry her while nodding.

A/N I know this is a little crappy and short but please bear with me I'm really doing my best. I promise.