Chapter 19

Lauren's life had become boring and dull. With the daily routine of taking Emily to school, weeping, eating, picking up Emily from school, and weeping some more.

It had been 2 months since Camila was sentenced and Lauren was going crazy. They hadn't been able to find any one responsible for all this chaos except the man in the grave.

On the bright side there were no more threats or creepy text messages. Well, Luis was dead so that wouldn't happen anyway.

At this very moment the green eyed beauty was seated on her couch with a tub of ice cream on her lap and a big spoon in her hand. Her mascara smeared and pajamas on.

"Stupid.. stupid... piece..of shit." She stabbed the ice cream with the spoon in between each spoken word.

She glanced at the clock and remembered that she needed to meet up with Camila's so called lawyer in an hour. For what? She didn't fucking know. Everything he did lately was hopeless anyways.

She hesitantly put down the delicious ice cream on the coffee table and made her way towards the bathroom to clean up.

She picked her outfit. Choosing dark clothes had recently been a favorite. She grabbed the keys after taking one last look in the mirror and rolling her eyes. She made her way out the door and began driving towards the police station where the 'lawyer' seemed to be.

- -

"YOU FUCKING MONSTER HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?!?" Lauren screamed making her way into the room that held the person who seemed to be responsible for her life turning to shit.

The green eyed man tried to jump out of his chair but was held back by handcuffs. He seemed terrified after taking a look at Lauren's face.

Quickly two tall and buff policemen ran in after the green eyed beauty and held her tight even though she tried moving out of their grasp.

"You ruined my family, my life. HER LIFE!" Lauren said weakly tears spilling from the windows to her soul. There wasn't much she could do.

"Ms. Jauregui we have to ask you to leave or we will have no other choice but to detain you as well." A different officer spoke from the door.

Lauren stopped fighting and let herself be dragged out of the room. They were certain that this was the guy culpable. There was too much evidence against him. He didn't stand a chance.

Lauren was distraught. She had met this guy not so long ago and warned everybody time after time. He had always seemed suspicious. He seemed to familiar but even after digging through the darkest confines of her mind she couldn't come up with anything. Whether she knew this guy or not she didn't care. She needed to see Camila. Give her the news.

Her body language completely changed. She wasn't angry, she wasn't depressed. She was glowing and happy as ever. She was on the road to get her life back on track start from scratch.

She was going to get the love of her life.

- -

"A week. A week is all it takes. Can you make it that far?" Lauren asks through the glass separating her from the beautiful brunette.

Camila looked somber and had fresh cuts on her lip as well as her eyebrow. She didn't say a word just nodded.

"Emily misses you." Lauren tries again.

Camila nods.

"I told you I would get you out of here. Just one more week." Lauren says tears threatening to fall.

Camila beats her to it. Tears begin to spill from her eyes. Her sobs grow so loud the phone is no longer needed. Lauren has the urge to punch the glass and walk right on through but it's impossible. She's useless.

A guard takes Camila away before Lauren can say anything else but she's not giving up. This means she has to fight harder. The case is basically won what with all the proof but she wouldn't just give up.

Just one more week.