Chapter 12

It's been days since Lauren decided to sit down to try and figure out who has been messing with them. Days since she hasn't had a decent meals. Days since she hasn't slept.

"Lauren come eat with us." Camila says walking into the room where Lauren is sitting on the bed with a notebook and a pen in her playful hand.

"I'm okay." Lauren says and Camila doesn't even try to encourage her anymore.

The youngest brunette walks out again and shuts the door with force. Lauren looks up and sighs rubbing her forehead. She can't seem to come to a conclusion. She thought of Luis being a possibility but then again why would he do this? He wouldn't dare bring danger to his own daughter. She though of Camila's past relationships but the thing was that Camila never really had anyone who she went steady with or whatever. So who is this person?

Lauren decided to drop everything and go have dinner with the girls downstairs. She can't let her life slip away because of this.

"What's for dinner?" The green eyed beauty asks sitting at the table where her plate with food was placed. Camila sat next to her and Emily was just across playing with the food rather than eating it.

"Food." Camila says blankly and continues eating.

"Okay.. Ems eat please, stop playing with your food." Lauren says and Emily sticks her tongue out at her then laughs.

"Mommy you didn't come to the park with me today." Emily says with a mouthful of food.

"I've been busy. I promise I'll go tomorrow." Lauren says taking a bite from her plate again.

"I have school." Emily says with a pout.

"Well next time you go I'll tag along don't worry." Lauren says making the little girl smile.

"Babe what have you been up to?" Lauren asks Camila.

"Nada." (nothing) Camila says in spanish.

"Dime mi amor." (tell me my love) Lauren insists and Camila sighs because she can't take it when Lauren speaks Spanish.

"I took Emily to the park then we went to visit Dinah." Camila says finally looking at Lauren.

"Tell her que la extraño next time you see her." (I miss her) Lauren says and Camila finishes with her food and goes over to the sink.

"No seas pesada." (don't be mean) Lauren whispers in Camila's ear.

"Ok." Camila says and dries her hands after cleaning the plate.

"I'm serious. I wanna talk to you about what's been going on. I have no idea who it could be." Lauren says her face showing concern.

Camila turns around and pecks the green eyed girls lips. "We'll figure it out." She walks towards Emily who is rubbing her eyes and takes her plate and tells her to go up to her room.

"Mami are you gonna sing me buenas noches?" (Good night) Emily says from the bedroom having caught on to the girls spanish throughout the years.

"Si." Camila says and walks back to Lauren who is leaning against the counter.

"Have you thought about Luis?"

"Yeah but why would he do this?" Lauren says sitting up in the counter. Camila walks in between the girls legs and wraps her arms around Lauren's waist.

"There's always a reason. Have you talked to him at all?"

"No."

"Do you want me to give him a call? I mean nothing happened between me and him. we used to talk before everything happened." Camila says and Lauren looks at her indecisively.

"I don't know." Lauren says.

"Don't worry it'll be a quick call." Camila says.

"I'm so tired of all this. I'm so scared Camila. I feel like something is gonna happen and I won't be able to protect Emily or you and I wouldn't be able to live with myself." Lauren says with tears at the rim of her eyes.

"I know mi amor." (my love) Camila says and Lauren hides her face in the crook of the youngsters neck.

- -

"Bananas, milk, plantains.." Lauren list the things in the shopping cart as she walks towards the checkout line when she bumps into a stand full of magazines.

"Shit." she mumbles under her breath and one of the workers comes to help.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention." Lauren says and looks up to the stranger.

He has light hazel eyes and chocolate brown hair with his work uniform.

"It's okay don't worry about it." He says and flashes her a smile and Lauren goes to pay again. To the side she grabs a magazine and reads the cover.

"#1 hit worldwide "make it to me" sung by Sam Smith." She reads and instantly remembers the song Camila shows her a while back. She quickly flips to the page where the story about the song is and she sees a picture of Camila.

"But it wouldn't be a hit if Camila Cabello hadn't written it." She read the top line and smiles wider than usual. She pays for the magazine as well and grabs the bags and heads home as fast as she can to show Camila.

"Camz look you're in a magazine!" Lauren barges through the door and leaves the stuff on the counter.

"Cami!" She calls out and walks into the room.

She sees Camila sitting on the bed her hands holding her head and crying hysterically. Once she's inside the room she looks around and takes in the view. the walls are splattered with Red paint to make it look like blood it seems and baby handprints all around.

"Camila come on we have to go." Lauren says grabbing Camila and pulling her out of the room.

"What happened?" Lauren says but Camila is in shock.

"There was someone-" The young Latina tries to speak but her voice is to shaky to make a sentence.

"In here?" Lauren asks knowingly and she nods her head.