Chapter 16

".... guilty." The words resonated throughout the courtroom as some clapped and others cried.

Lauren wasn't able to move from her seat as Emily turned around on her lap and innocently asked, "Is mommy coming home?" Tears slowly rolled down the green eyed beauty's cheeks as they called her over to say her last goodbye to her girlfriend.

She quickly got up and ran towards Camila with her daughter in her arms who wanted nothing more than to hug Camila.

"Lauren.." Camila said breathlessly as she hugged both of them with handcuffs already wrapped around her wrists.

"This is not happening." Lauren says through sobs as the little girl in their arms begins to cry as well.

"No mommy don't go!" The little girl screams as the officers pull Camila away.

"Mommy!" The cries continue as Lauren tries to pull herself together.

The love of her life had been sentenced to three years at most. One would think that it's nothing serious. I mean it really isn't considering she killed a person. The truth was that that much time was a lifetime. she would miss Emily's 6th birthday, her 7th, her 8th, and maybe even her 10th. She would miss out on every family trip.

But what Camila feared the most was the little girl eventually forgetting who she was or be afraid of her.
- -
One week later

"How are you holding up?" Lauren asks through the glass while Camila holds the phone to her ear.

Camila looks up at her with tears in her eyes. Her left eye swollen and her right one bruised and a cut in her lip.

"I'm great." Camila smiles weakly.

Lauren's eyes soon create a pool of tears as it slowly begins to overflow.

"I hate seeing you like this. I can't look at you in this state it drives me crazy." Lauren sobs.

"Hey, stop." Camila says and places a hand against the glass while the other brunette brings her own up as well.

"I hate knowing that I can't protect you while you're in there." Lauren says.

"I'm alright. It's nothing I can't get through. okay?" Camila says weakly.

"I love you. god I hate this." Lauren says trying to contain her tears.

"I told you Lauren. If it gets too rough you don't have to come see me. I'll be out of here in no time." Camila says.

"I'm not going to stop seeing you Camila." The brunette says determinedly.

"Maybe that's what's best. You need to make a living for Emily. With someone else. Someone who doesn't have to hold her hand through bars and talk to her through glass." Camila says just above a whisper as Lauren begins to cry all over again.

"I'm not doing that." Lauren says.

"Lauren..."

"No! I'm not fucking leaving you!"

"HEY QUIET OR THE VISIT'S OVER!" The guard shouts.

"You're the love of my life Camila. I'm not going anywhere." Lauren says and Camila smiles.

"I love you." Camila whispers.

"Tell her that I miss her." Camila says.

Lauren nods and the guard comes over telling her that her time is up. Camila waves goodbye as Lauren walks out.

The youngest brunette dressed in orange can't help but bawl her swollen eyes out.

A/N I'm thinking about ending this story soon.