Chapter 17.2

Kai was lying on the couch, staring at the TV with a blank expression. In fact, he wasn't focusing on the TV at all. It was Marcus he had on his mind. That boy occupies most of his thoughts. Marc was the only one he took to his sanctuary, the roof. Watching the view with his arm around Marc was honestly one of the best feelings he's had in a long time.

He keeps revisiting their time together frequently. Lying on the grass beside him, gazing at the sky, pointing out cloud shapes; he loved all of it. He loves walking with Marc through the garden, under the vine arbour tunnel. He loved the time Marc hugged him. He dreams of those times often. Marc's smile, his stupid jokes and his awkward stories.

Suddenly, someone plopped down beside him.

"Shouldn't you leave now? Your friend's place is a bit far."

Kaylee, Kai's sister brought him back to reality. He sat up.

"Yeah."

"Oooh were you daydreaming about Marcus?" Kaylee asked wriggling her eyebrows.

"No, Kay..." Kai crossed his arms and looked the other way.

"Hmm... don't think I don't know. You wouldn't give me the key ring he gave you. And you keep it like it's the most precious thing you have." Kaylee snickered.

Kai got up and left, ignoring his sister. Kaylee just shook her head. She knew her brother would just run away, all flustered. Kay is that precocious little brother or sister you have. He never has a chance against her.

___________________________

Kai rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer. He was anxious and excited simultaneously, just as he always is when he's with Marc. Finally, Duke opened the door for him and led him to the living room where everyone was at.

"Hey guys." Kai greeted everyone. His voice seemed to startle Marc, as he spilled his drink on himself. Kai hadn't noticed that. But when he sat beside Marc with a cola can, he saw him wiping his jeans with wet tissue wipes.

"Hey Marc. You alright?" Kai asked him, beaming.

"H-hey Kai. Yeah..." Marc smiled at him as well. Kai took a sip from the can and Marc went back to wiping his jeans after a few seconds. Kai noticed Marc had spilled some on his t-shirt as well. He thought of helping and wiped that spot on his t-shirt. He startled Marc again. He's kinda jumpy today... Kai thought to himself.

"Hmm it's alright now."

"Yeah. Thanks." Why does he seem on edge today?

___________________________

Kai was focused on Marc while he focused on his pizza during the entire movie.

Kai also sat beside Marc while playing UNO. Marc concentrated so much on his cards, made Kai smile at that adorable sight. In fact, anything he does can make him smile. But he was too focused on his cards for Kai's liking. Even with the Marce drama, Marc seemed more concerned about Marvin and Lance. He looked at them; it was all the same. Marvin annoying Lance. Lance pushing Marvin's face away with his palm. Same old. Why would he focus so much on them?

Overall, he had an amazing time. He enjoys hanging out with the guys, but Marc makes everything better. But he was never alone with Marc, they never got the chance to talk much. Even while playing other games, it was a group thing. Marc was really interested in Jerkface Jack's story. Who cares about him? At least Marc shouldn't.

"Oh I'm beat. Now let's decide who'll sleep where." Duke was trying to stifle his yawn but failed.

It was when everyone had decided where to sleep that Kai realised they were going to share a room. Of course he was nervous, how could he not be? But he managed to calm himself, "Let's go Marc." He tried to act cool, and it looks like it worked well. But his mind was screaming internally. And his heart, on overdrive.