Chapter 17

I followed Kai to the guest bedroom. It's smaller than the other rooms with minimal furnishing. There's a queen sized bed and a small side table. Then there's a study table and a chair beside the window and a two door wardrobe with mirror attached to it's left door. The curtains are simple sheer linen ones. There's no bathroom in this room.

Are we gonna share the bed? The bed is perfectly big enough for two people. I can't just say I'll sleep on the floor. Makes no sense. And there isn't much space on the floor. How am I going to sleep when Kai's beside me?!

"Which side do you want?" Kai asked, putting my train of thoughts to a stop.

"You sure? I can sleep on the floor. I'll just need a foldable mattress."

"Huh why? There's enough space for two. And I don't think Duke has any more mattresses. Are you... uncomfortable sleeping beside me?" He asked in a dull voice. I can feel the worry in his voice, though he tries not to show it on his face. He looks a bit down. Oh my God No! Did I hurt him? Why do I do shit like this!

"What why? Nooo, of course not. Absolutely not. Why would I be uncomfortable with you?! I can never be uncomfortable with you. Never think that. I just thought maybe you like to sleep alone in your bed. I'm sleepy, let's sleep. I'll take the left side. You okay with that?" I started rambling at a speed of hundred kilometers per hour. I plopped down on the bed as soon as I finished my sentence to prove my point.

Yes Kai, I am uncomfortable with sleeping beside you. And it's not because of what you're thinking. It's the total opposite of it! How can I say that? How can I sleep when my heart won't stop beating out of pace? How can I sleep when I'm this nervous? How am I supposed to keep my cool when you'll be this close to me all night?

"Sorry. Yeah I'm fine." He looks normal now. He believed me, right? Phew, I'm doing an alright job so far.

"It's alright. I don't care about anything else. I'll never be uncomfortable with you, okay?" I said with a smile. He has to know I really don't care about those stuff. I'll say it as many times he has his doubts.

"Okay." He gave me a genuine smile. Oh that smile just stops my heart for a few seconds.

Let's bring my normal face on. But I can't stop smiling. The more conscious I get, the more I start smiling like an idiot. It's my defence mechanism. I smile when I'm overwhelmed. This has led to some awkward situations as well.

"Well I gotta pee."

"Okay." I heard him say, but I was already speed walking out of the room.

I shut the bathroom door. After getting my business done, I washed my hands and face and looked myself in the eyes through the mirror. Come on, Marc you can do it. Don't be too self conscious. Yes, I can do it! I fist pumped in the air and left the bathroom with newfound determination.

"Ugh stop leg hugging me. You're heavy. Let me sleep."

I heard someone while walking through the corridor. The only person this irritated, frustrated and angry voice can belong to can be Lance. Their room's door was slightly open, so I could listen to them. And Lance is not whispering. I stood beside the door like a shadow.

"But can I at least put my arm around you? I can't sleep."

"Ugh stop it Marv... don't pull me closer! Ugh just go to sleep."

"Sweet dreams Lance. Dream of me."

"Like hell I will. Good night Marv."

I walked away from the door carefully.

Yess Jackpot! Marv! That's it. I found my side. Marvin was saying something else, but I way already far enough to not make it out.

I tiptoed to my room. Kai was lying on the bed, busy on his phone. Not being able to contain my excitement, I dropped myself on the bed startling Kai. His phone smacked his face since he dropped it. I couldn't stop laughing at him rubbing his nose.