It's a Set-Up

Checking my phone as I sat on a bench, I slid my other hand into my pocket. Sighing through my nose, I let my head fall back as my eyes closed. I'd come early to make sure I wasn't late, but apparently my early was really damn early. A soft wind blew, bringing a sweet scent on the breeze from the bakery I'd passed walking here.

  I had been invited to hang out by Kuroo, and he'd given me this location to wait for the meet-up. He'd said it'd be him, Akaashi, Bokuto, and Kenma just having fun today before everyone had to crack down on practice for the finals in spring. I was surprised Tsukishima hadn't also been invited seeing how they were getting along in the end.

  "Hey, hey, hey! Taka no Chi!" I heard a familiar yell and raised my head to see Bokuto wildly waving as he walked over. However, he was alone. "Sorry it's just me, the others ditched." He then pouted while shoving his hands into his pockets. "Akaashi said he wanted to study instead, then Kuroo said something came up and Kenma didn't actually want to come since Kuroo was dragging him along, so with Kuroo not coming, Kenma decided to stay home."

  I shouldn't be surprised that he managed to say that all in one breath, but I was.

  "Mm."

  "You're not gonna ditch last minute, too, are you?"

  "No."

  "Good." Bokuto smiled. "Then we can just have fun without those leavers. Arcade still sound good?"

  "Yeah."

  "Then let's go!" Standing up from the bench, I followed the taller boy down the sidewalk. Pulling out my phone, I sent a quick text to Kuroo.

    'You didn't tell me you guys weren't showin'

    'Are you really that dense?'

    'Wym'

    'Please tell me you're not as thick as Bo :/'

    'He's 2x my size'

  "Oh? Who are you texting?"

  "Kuroo."

  "Give him a good scolding!" Bokuto furrowed his brows as his face scrunched up.

    'Oh no.... Takachi, you're on a date. A D-A-T-E!'

  "Da...." I froze where I stood, staring at my phone's screen.

  "There's the arcade!" Bokuto pointed before grabbing my wrist and dragging me toward it. "You'll 1v1 me, right, Takachi? I don't wanna play alone."

  "Mm." I gave a quick nod before looking back to my phone to reread the message. A date? How was this a date if the others were supposed to-

  ....Wait a minute. That mischievous behavior, the others 'canceling' to leave just Bokuto.... Kuroo had set us up.

  And Bokuto had no clue. At least, I didn't think he did since he didn't act as if he knew. Bokuto also didn't come off as a good liar or actor to play along with Kuroo's set-up. Closing my eyes, I sighed while pocketing the phone.

  I'd deal with Kuroo later. For now....might as well enjoy playing games with Bokuto.

  "Taka no Chi, let's make a bet." Those big eyes glittered in the arcade lights as he held out a basketball in one hand and had the other on his hip. "The one with fewer points buys ice cream later!"

  "It's cold out."

  "Oh, right. Then yakiniku!"

  "....Deal."