Friends

"Takachi!" Keishin came bursting into the classroom the managers were using to sleep in. He stomped over and yanked the blanket off of me before pointing an accusing finger at me. "Why are you still asleep?! Huh? You missed our first game!" Groaning, I rolled over, but my cousin grabbed my arm to pull me to my feet. "Come on, why can't you be like these other teenagers and do something productive?"

  "Ugh." I went limp in his hold, making my body heavier as he simply dropped me. Crawling back to the futon, I heard Keishin click his tongue.

  "If you aren't out of here in five minutes, I'm dragging you out in your pajamas." The door then slammed shut, and I shoved my face into my pillow. "I'm counting down, Takachi!" Groaning, I rolled onto the floor and kept going until I hit the wall where my bag was. Pulling out some clothes, I got dressed and lumbered to the door.

  Opening it, I shot a small glare at my cousin, and he jumped from the unexpected look. Keishin gave a nervous laugh, scratching the back of his head as I yawned. He then began to walk away, and I followed after, stuffing my hands into my pockets. I didn't really bother with my hair, it was naturally tame, save for the two fluffs of hair that refused to ever go down on the sides of my head. No matter what I tried, these two tufts would always spring free, and after a while, I just got tired of fighting them and instead just let them do whatever it is they wanted.

  When we arrived at the gym, Karasuno was preparing to go against Fukurodani. 'Isn't that the owl's sch-' And my thoughts were interrupted by someone shouting.

  "Taka no chi!" Lazily looking over, I saw the male I had just been thinking of running right for me. I at first thought he was going to run right into me and took a step back, but he slid to a halt and stopped right in front of me. "Where have you been all morning? You're barely in time for the match!" He was being just as loud as he had been at dinner.

  Looking at him blankly, he simply continued to smile while looking down at me. Now that he was standing, I could see that he was much, much taller than myself. Hell, he was probably taller than Keishin. 'What the Hell do they feed you?' I thought, trying to figure out how he could be so tall. In the end, I assumed that they just might be putting plant fertilizer into his food.

  "Oh! Now you can watch me play! Did I tell you that I was the ace?" He grinned from ear to ear while pointing at himself. Giving a faint nod, the male laughed. "Just watch, Taka no chi, you'll see the extent of my skills!" And then he added under his breath. "Plus my team's because they're all really good, too."

  "Bokuto!" The black-haired male from last night called out, looking a bit irritated as he was holding a volleyball.

  "Oh, sorry, got to go! The game is about to start, so watch carefully, okay?" He asked, pointing at me as he took a step back. I didn't reply, and he waved while running to his team "Just pay attention!" Sighing from my nose, I slowly walked towards the bench on our side of the court and plopped down next to my cousin. He was sitting with his arms crossed and raised his brow at me.

  "You know Fukurodani's captain?" He asked. I just hummed in reply and shrugged. My answer seemed to amuse him since he chuckled before turning back to look at the court. "I didn't think you'd hang out with such an active person. Doesn't go with your lazy personality." Looking right at him, I felt like hitting him but narrowed my eyes dangerously instead. That was enough to get him to shut up. "Okay, jeez.... Kids these days...." Keishin sighed.

  Sadly, though, I passed out before the game even started and slept while still sitting up. No one seemed to notice since I slept the whole game through, and I didn't wake up until Keishin had caught onto me. He wasn't too happy that I had fallen asleep and said that I'd have to stay awake the whole ride back to Miyagi. Crap....