Self Pt.1

In the days following after Hinata began practicing with the geezer-Ukai, Keishin was getting home at later times due to him helping out his team in their training. At school, I'd still see the guys from time to time, but they were mostly focused on getting better for the impending tournament while also studying for the upcoming tests in class. So, it pretty much went back to me being by myself most of the time, and it didn't really bother me much.

  I'd either read or daze off to fill in my free time, and the other students completely left me alone. A few days ago, a rumor had apparently spread like wildfire among the other third-years and below that I really was related to the Ukai coach from years past. The rumor wasn't wrong or bad in any way, but I was surprised that they hadn't figured it out sooner, I mean, how many people had the name Ukai?

  As a result, though, the others began to assume that my silence and my facial expressions were related to the fact that I had the fearsome Ukai blood running through my veins. It changed the way they saw me, but not by much, they just began to stay out of my way more than before. For example, before when I would walk through the halls, people would just give me weird looks and walk right by, but now if I were to walk down the hall, they'd avoid looking at me for too long. Honestly, that actually made me less tense and not have to worry about hiding my oddness as much.

  When summer came and school was let out for the break, I began to alternate between lazing about at my grandpa's or at school while everyone was practicing. Keishin began to get antsy, though, since there were more places I could sneak off to now that school was no longer in session. At one point, he had even called twice within the same half-hour to make sure I was still nearby.

  I think it had more to do with the growing nerves from the tournament and the upcoming week-long training camp than actually trying to keep tabs on me. Sure, he was the one assigned to watch me, but my cousin needed to calm down, and it didn't take me long to find a way to help ease his nerves. To keep him from worrying about too many things, I began to hang out in the gym with everyone so he could just glance up to make sure I was still there and not lost somewhere or getting kidnapped.

  When the Karasuno team was leaving for Saitama, Keishin drug me along like last time. Since we were going to be gone for an entire week, I made sure to pack a bunch of different mangas just in case and had my phone fully charged before we left so I'd have it for the whole ride. We were leaving at night, so I was probably just going to sleep the whole way, but you never knew what was going to happen....

~

  "Hey, hey! Where's the Skytree?" An excited Hinata was asking as he was bouncing around. I could only hear what he was saying due to how loud he was being, and I just sighed through my nose. It was just like last time with Nishinoya and Tanaka.

  "What the Hell? Are there no transmission towers in Miyagi?" A tall, black-haired male asked while pointing to Hinata. He had been the same bedhead that had laughed his ass off at the two other dorks last time. "Pretty sure I've heard that conversation before."

  "The transmission towers in Tokyo all look like the Tokyo Tower to us countryfolk!" Daichi retorted.

  "That's a rash thing to say." Suga added, and I followed behind everyone else as they were walking away from the bus. Closing my eyes as I yawned, I stuffed my hands into my pockets while my bag was slung over my shoulders. "Also, we're in Saitama." If I remembered correctly, the training camp this time around was being held at Shinzen instead of Nekoma.

  When we entered the gym, the guys put on numbered sports bibs that were yellow with black trim. 'Okay, so I have to stick with the bananas....' I thought, taking a mental note as to who I would have to blindly follow if I ever dazed out.