27

AN: Charlie is Bartholomew's nickname since his name is so bloody long.

I was sitting in the Great Hall with Harry, Hermione and Ron whilst eating our lunch. It was the middle of the day and everyone was still pretty much talking about what I did to Umbridge in class.

"All I'm saying is, be careful Coraline," Hermione sighed. I rolled my eyes as I placed a hand on her shoulder, "Nothing to worry about my dear friend."

I grabbed my spoon to put the rice in my mouth before I felt a figure in front of me, "I need to talk to you." I looked up and saw my cousin, his hands on top of the table.

"Get lost, Vanderwal!" Ron snapped, standing up and facing my cousin. "Or what, Weasley!"

I stood up and jumped over the table to get in between them so nothing will happen. "I'll meet you outside," I tell my cousin who scoffs and storms out.

"How the hell do you know that pig, Coraline?" Ron asks me as he sits back down, shoving a chicken leg in his mouth aggressively. Dear Merlin, Ron ate aggressively when he was angry.

"I-Uh-" All their eyes were on me. "My grandmother worked with his father at the ministry," I lied, sort of. "Wait- Ron, how do you know him?"

He scoffed as he threw his chicken leg back onto his plate, "Joseph Vanderwal got my dad demoted. We nearly lost the house and the Vanderwal's came over to the burrow, rubbing it in our faces."

I didn't know what to say, these people he was describing are my family. This is why I'm ashamed to hold the Vanderwal name, because of what my family does to innocent people like the Weasley's.

"Yeah, they're pigs." Is all I managed to say before I ran out of the Great Hall to speak to my cousin.

He was leaning against the wall, talking to some third-year girl. I yanked him away and dragged him to an empty corridor. "Oi! I was chatting her up, you dick," he groaned.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Charlie?" I whisper-shouted as I let go of his robe. He leans against the wall as he takes his cigar out from the back of his ear and puts it in his mouth.

"Got expelled from Beauxbaton's. Dad sent me here, got sorted into Slytherin," he said as he puffed his cigar in my face. "Uncle Henry decided to send you to Hogwarts? What Vanderwal comes here exactly?"

He looked me up and down, raising his brow, "Apparently you, cuz. Oh yeah, why the change of name?" I rubbed my temples before throwing my head back.

"Don't worry about that. Listen, I don't care what you do here but you and I are not related. No one here knows about me being a Vanderwal and it will stay like that, understood?" He puffed out his cigar in my face, looking away.

I grabbed his cigar and threw it out of the window behind him, "I said, understood?" He rolled his eyes before nodding his head, "You know, you've changed a lot, Lina."

I flinched at his name for me, Lina. I haven't heard that name in so long, it brought back a lot of memories. "I changed for the better. Don't forget to leave me alone, dick," I said before walking back into the Great Hall, away from him.

---

I spent the rest of the evening in the common room, alone. Harry had detention with Umbrdige, Mione was in the library studying and Ron was taking a nap.

I was doing my homework when I overheard Seamus talking to Dean, "-It's bull. He's not back Dean, you know Harry's acting dafter than Dumbledore."

"Seamus, what if he's really back?" Dean whispered loudly.

"He's not! Harry will come clean sooner or later and stop feeding us lies, you know everything he says his bul-"

"Would you shut the fuck up, Seamus?!" I shot up from the sofa, slamming my book shut as I stormed out of the common room.

I didn't realise how cold it was outside of the common room, I was in my uniform still and without my robe.

I walk around the hall, opening my book up again to finish it. Romeo and Juliet - my favourite novel. Nona used to read it to me whenever she had time, god I miss her.

I was in too deep into my book which is why I didn't see where I was going as I bumped into someone and dropped my book, "fucks sake!"

I looked up to see Draco looking down at me with a smirk. "You know, I'm enjoying this view of you," he said, making me stand up and slap his chest.

"What are you doing out?" I asked him. "I don't know, I got lonely," he replied.

I chuckled a little at his reply and continued walking down the hall with him until we sat down somewhere private.

"Why did you run from me? In the train?" I asked him, it's been bothering me since I bumped into him.

"Granger called out for you, didn't need her to think anything of us. Y'know?" I nodded at him, understanding.

"Fuck that though. What made you stand up to Umbridge like that? Pansy and I were having a laugh about it the whole day," he chuckled, placing his cold hand on my bare thigh.

I stared at his hand before looking up, "She was feeding lies. The woman got on my nerves, Draco. I'm bunking tomorrow's lesson," I groaned, leaning back.

"Yeah, I got you." He looked up at me before his eyes popped, "Oh yeah, your uh cousin...he seems nice for a Vanderwal."

I groaned at the word cousin, I had a confusing relationship with my cousin. He's from my fathers side and I don't normally associate myself with his side but Charlie is different.

"Yeah, of course you'd find him nice. He's like you in someways," I lowly chuckled.

There was an awkward silence and I looked down to see his hand rubbing my thigh which made me breathe heavier.

He was staring into my eyes, his left hand went towards my face and cupped my right cheek.

He leaned in, smashing his lips onto mine as if he hasn't eaten for so long. He removes his hand away from my thigh and places it on my waist, squeezing it as he pulls me towards him.

I wrap my hands around his neck as I move slightly to sit on his right leg. He let out a breath before he removed his lips from mine and moved down towards my neck a little.

He begins sucking on my skin, making me throw my head back and let a sigh escape my lip. I've never felt this way, my breathing was increasing and I couldn't contain myself as a low moan escaped my lips.

Everything was going so well until someone started coughing, making me immediately jump out of Draco's lap and see who interrupted us - Aiden.

"As head boy, I'm obligated to deduct house points and let you both know that there are a few form of contraceptive methods you both should be awar-"

"Aiden!" I interrupted, standing up and shoving past him. "Nothing was happening, I was heading back to my dorm anyways."

"I'm just looking out for you, Lay," he smiles as he glared at Malfoy.

"Why you looking at me like that for? We're in the same house you fucker," Draco snapped, standing up and following me.

"You back to your common room," Aiden sternly said, pointing at me. I rolled my eyes before I kissed Draco's cheek and ran back to my common room.

I shouldn't have kissed him in front of Aiden like that, I'm not his girlfriend but why do I feel like I am?