Chapter 2-A Little to Close

*disclaimer I made them live in the same state, it goes along with the story sorry*

Zach's Pov

I get up with the brightest smile on my face as I start to remember last night. The thought of his lips kissing mine made my lips tingle.

"Dang, I am already catching feelings with a boy. I never thought I would be bi." I said out loud thinking I said it in my head.

"What do you mean, bi? My little brother Ryan said as he was heading into my room.

"Oh Uhm, my friend just told me he's bi. Why what did you hear?" I say worried.

"I was just passing by and I heard you say 'would be bi' and now I am here. So who's bi, do I know him or her?" Ryan says with a smile.

"Uhm no, HE's a new friend I have been friends with for a year now. Anyways, do you want to go to Taco Bell, it's already almost 11."

"Sure let me get my shoes on then we can head out," Ryan said, already heading to his room.

I head to my closet and grab a pair of my favorite checkered vans. I slip on my vans and grab my phone. "Hey Jack, what are you up to? I am about to head to Taco Bell." I write to Jack and send it as I am grabbing my car keys.

Jack's POV

About 15 minutes later, we finally arrived at Taco Bell, "Do you want to go inside?" I say driving up to Taco Bell.

"Sure," Ava replied already unbuckling.

I park my car and get out, to my right I see a white tesla, "Dang that's a nice tesla, I wonder who it belongs to in there." I tell Ava as we head to the door.

"Might be that crush you have." Ava laughs as she heads in.

"Oh shut it, Ava. Now, what do you want?" I say shutting her down.

"Can I get a Mexican pizza, pls?" She says pulling out her phone and going onto TikTok.

I go up to the register and order our meal.

"Your number fifty-five. Go ahead and take a seat." The cash register said.

I grab Ava from her TikToks and head to a table. "So Ava what do you want to do, I need to take a break from my song," I say trying to get her out of her phone.

"I don't know, but I know I have to finish an essay that's due tonight."

"Dang I thought we were going to have brotherly-sister bond time, huh."

I started to look around Taco Bell seeing if I knew anybody. Then I spotted him, "Zach!" I said not knowing I said it out loud.

"Who's Zach?" Ava said looking up from my phone.

"Oh, it's just a friend," I say looking back as Zach looks up.

Zach's Pov

Sitting down I ask Ryan, "So what are you doing later I need to take a break from studying."

"I am working on homework. Maybe you can do something with that dude who has been staring at you for the last past minutes." Ryan said laughing.

"What do you mean?" I say taking a bite of my taco.

"Right in front of you dummy."

"Wait isn't that Jack! I thought he didn't live in Washington." I say in my head.

"Hey I'll be right back, I am going to go talk to him," I say to Ryan.

As I am about to get up, Jack stands up and heads to the register.

"Nevermind, we have to go anyway. I am finished and I guess I need to study too." I say get Ryan up.

I hear Jack say "Come on Ava I need to finish that song."

I got into my Tesla and put it in reverse, "I can't believe I didn't talk to him, that was my chance, ugh." I say in my head.

I look to my left to see Jack sitting in his car. I got nervous and backed up the car and sped out of that parking lot.

"Jesus! Zach, you good? You almost killed us!" Ryan says, trying to catch his breath.

"Yeah sorry, I just saw someone and I didn't want them to see me in this car."

"Is this person per se that dude in Taco Bell?"

"Uhm, no it was someone else you don't know him."

"Zach, are you lying to me right now?"

I pull over on the side of the road.

"Look Ryan, I may have met this guy I really like but I don't know if I am bi. And yes, it was that dude in Taco Bell."

"Dude I knew it! It's pretty obvious to me and Reese."

"Do you think mom and dad know?"

"Nah they are dumb and don't worry I won't tell."