Chapter 1: The beginning

Jack's Pov

"Mmmh. What if I added a riff before the chorus instead of after?" I say in my mind as I am editing my new song.

"Hey sweetie food is ready, come down when you can." My mom said walking in.

"Ok, mom, let me just finish this lyric, and I'll be right down," I say look at my mom with a smile.

My mom walked out as I turned to my notebook and wrote down some more lyrics. A few minutes go by and I finally get up and head downstairs to see my family waiting for me.

"What are we having for dinner?" I say sitting down next to my sister, Ava.

"Tuna and rice. Can't you see what's in front of your face?" My dad replied.

"It looks good, thanks, mom and dad."

Soon after dinner, I headed upstairs to work on the beats to my song. I don't remember the rest of that night, all I remember is my mom waking me up that morning and helping me to my bed. Turning to face the rising sun my phone goes off, unlocking my phone I see a ton of messages from an unknown phone number.

'Who the heck is this?' I say in my mind as I sit up in my bed and turn my led lights to a different color.

I scroll to the top of the messages to find a name, Zach Herron.

Zach's Pov

"Why isn't he answering?! I thought we had a connection last night." I say throwing my phone down and getting up from my desk. I put Like It Is by Kygo and started to sing along with it. After the song stops, I hear my phone go off, I admittedly run over to my desk to check my phone, Jack!

"Jack responded! He responded!" I scream unlocking my phone.

"Hey Uhm, so I don't remember talking to you last night or remember how you got my phone number. Can you remind me how?" I read out loud.

I replied back admittedly, "I am Zach, Zach Herron, I saw your video on youtube and dmed you on insta. We talked a little on there, then you gave me your phone number and the rest is history. May I ask why you don't remember?"

A few minutes go by and my phone goes off again.

"Well I was writing a song, and I guess I was really exhausted that I completely forgot the rest of the night after I sat down at my desk. Do you have a youtube channel?" Jack replied back.

"Yea just looks up Zach Herron and my channel should pop up."

"Thanks I am going to go work on my song and listen to your songs, bye."

"Bye was nice talking to you again," I replied back with the biggest smile pulling my phone to my chest. 

Jack's Pov

I respond back and put my phone down. As I grabbed my notebook, I headed to my bed and searched up Zach's channel. I picked a video and started looked over the beats I already did the night before. An hour later, I finished the beats and started recording them. I decided to take a break and get lunch so I head downstairs and ask my sister if she wants to come. Of course, she says yes and we head out.

"So where do you want to eat, Ava?' I ask turning on my car.

"Can we go to Taco Bell? I am craving it so bad right now."

"No problem let's go," I reply and drive out of the driveway.

As we get to Taco Bell I get a notification, "Oooo, who's that, a crush." Ava says bugging me.