Chapter 10: Why Don't We Forms

Corbyn's Pov

"But what are we going to name the group?" I ask.

"Limelight?" Zach suggested.

"Nah. How about Man Band?" Daniel said, putting down that idea.

"No," Jonah says.

"Guys, it's been in front of us the whole time. Why Don't We." Jack says with a smile.

"Why Don't We what?" I ask.

"That could be our band name, Why Don't We," Jack says laughing.

'Wait, that's a good name. What do you guys think?" Daniel agrees.

"I like it," I say.

"Same," Jonah says.

"I mean you don't need my input. Looks like our name is Why Don't We." Zach says.

"Well I guess we are a band, what do we do now?" I ask.

"We can't stay in a hotel this whole time. How about we look for a house." Daniel says.

"I have to talk to my mom about dropping out of high school," Zach says.

"Zach, your mom will be ok with it, she wants you to follow your dream," Jack says.

"I don't know. I still want to text her and my dad to make sure it's ok with them." Zach says yawning.

"I am tired. I think we should head to bed and we can talk about this in the morning." I say getting up and putting my shoes on.

"Yeah, same. See you guys tomorrow." Daniel says getting up and putting his shoes on too.

"Goodnight guys see you in the morning," Jonah says getting his jacket.

"Bye guys," Jack says with a forced smile.

While heading to the room I look over at Daniel and smile. "I have a feeling we're going to do well. I mean did you hear our voices in there? They were so harmonized. We already sound like a band and we haven't even made a song."

Daniel smiled," Dude, we are going to kill it as a band. I mean god yea we harmonized so well in there."

"Let's get some sleep we might have a big day ahead of us tomorrow," I say open the hotel door.

Zach's Pov

"I am going to go call my mom, I'll be in the lobby," I say closing the door.

Zach it's going to be okay. Mom is so supportive. What about dad? I mean he's a little more strict. Oh, I am already in the lobby. I guess I should probably call mom. I pace around the lobby as I find my mom's contact.

*On the phone*

*RING*

Zach-Hey Mom, I have to talk to you.

Mom-what is it honey?

Zach- Well let me catch you up really quick. Last night we went to Olive Garden and I think everybody felt a connection.

Mom- That's amazing!

Zach- Hold up mom, there's more. Tonight we all sang together and found out our voices went really well together.

Mom- Honey that's so awesome. But why do you sound worried?

Zach- Well in order for us to be a band I kinda need to drop out of school. And we are thinking of getting a house up here where we can find help to get us heard.

Mom- Wait, what do you mean? You mean you want to drop out of high school to sing and maybe get famous.

Zach- uhm yea. Is that alright with you?

Mom- Of course honey I and your dad want you to pursue your dream.

Zach- Oh god you scared me, mom. I thought you would say no.

Mom- Why would you think that?

Zach- I don't know just cause of the whole dropping out of school.

Mom- No honey we would have said yes anyway.

Zach- Well thanks, mom. I should probably get back to my room and tell Jack. Oh, and by the way we are looking for a house tomorrow so any tips would be awesome.

Mom- The only thing I would say is don't settle for something you all don't agree on. And if you don't like it say something. I love you.

Zach- Thanks, mom. I love you too. Bye.

Mom- Bye.

*Phone hangs up*

I guess I have some news for Jack and the boys. Walking up to my room I see Jonah coming my way. "Hey Jonah, what are you doing?" I ask stopping.

"Oh hey Zach, just going for a walk. Did you call your mom?"

"Yea. And we can go looking for a house tomorrow."

"Wait does that mean you're in the band."

"Yep just don't tell Corbyn and Daniel I want to surprise them."

"Ok deal."

"See you tomorrow."

"You too."

*In the hotel room*

"Hey, Jack I have some good news for you," I say closing the door.