Watching her bow to me I'm tempted to push her head lower and kick her in the face... But I smile like I always do, and bid her a good night. When she leaves, a fresh round of tears fall. I miss my father at this moment more than anything. He'd know what to do to make he smile. I flashback to his last words to me, and I feel like a huge disappointment. He was proud of me, but look at me now... Letting the Lee's control me... Cowering, and not fighting back... I'm more than likely going to fail high school... If he could have seen how I'd end up, he would have never said those words.

6 AM

My alarm sounds and I sit up. I have been awake for the past few hours after a nightmare about my Dad. He was telling me how ashamed he is to call me his daughter. I had woken up in a cold sweat, and couldn't sleep again. I get up from my bed now and head to shower. When I strip my clothes off I check myself in the mirror. The dark bruises are now a disgusting green and yellow. There's also what looks like a "running down" under my skin where the pooled blood flowed under the tissues to lower parts of my abdomen and back.

Stepping under the shower, I feel relaxed. The warm water flowing over my skin makes me sigh. The few days off from school has solved one issue for me though. The red stain caused by Seo-yeon and her group has disappeared. I had scrubbed it repeatedly, and it's finally gone.

As soon as I'm dressed, I head downstairs. I'm cautious, and as quiet as I can be to avoid my "family". Thankfully, I'm able to get out with no confrontations. The weather is cooler than I expected, and I am not dressed warmly. I try to ignore it and just push forward to get to school as quickly as I can.

When I arrive, I head to the office first. I know I have to hand in a note to excuse my absence, and I've expertly forged one. Opening the door, I am surprised to see Mr. Jeon looking deeply into the bitchy secretary's eyes. I feel a stab I wasn't expecting, and it almost makes me double over. Ignoring it and controlling my expression I move forward. "Excuse me. I'm here to drop off my note." I watch as he jerks back from the secretary who looks pissed at my interruption. "Just leave it in the bin with the rest. Can't you read?"

I look down embarrassed, but then raise my head to meet Mr. Jeon's gaze. I look from him to her, and back. "I apologise ma'am. I didn't see the bin as Mr. Jeon was in front of it. But, if I'm ever absent again, I'll know better." I bow respectfully to both of them and turn on my heel to leave. I feel a hand on my arm and I halt. "Are you feeling well Miss Sophia?" Shooting him a cold look I nod and take my arm from his grip to leave the office quickly.

Almost running away from the office, I fight the tears I feel starting to choke me. I head to my locker to put my extra books away. I spend a few minutes organizing things to not be early to class. I don't even want to see him... I think about why I'm feeling this way... Am I just a stupid girl? I must be... All the stories my grandparents and Dad told me about love at first sight got to me. I started to believe he cared about me... Perhaps as more than a student. Dumb Sophia...

I close my locker and turn to go anywhere but my first class, and come face to face with Seo-yeon. "Welcome back freak! Had a nice vacation?" I look into her eyes and don't back down this time. I'm prepared to die now. I've literally got noone who cares for me... So bring it on Seo-yeon. "Why yes... I had a nice holiday! How've you been? Did you find someone else to fill in for me while I was gone? It must be hard work to find people to pick on in order to make yourself feel better..." The slap that came was not unexpected, but it hurt.

I turned back to her with my cheshire cat grin. "That's all you've got Lee Seo-yeon? I've been slapped harder by a child..." I swear I saw smoke leaving her ears, but I stepped to her anyway. "Come on... Do your worst Lee Seo-yeon. I'm ready..." "YOU BITCH!! STOP SAYING MY NAME! JUST DIE FREAK!!" I saw her draw her hand back and braced for the impact, but it didn't come. I see Mr. Jeon behind her holding her wrist tightly. "Lee Seo-yeon... What do you think you're doing? Detention for you the next 3 days. Now, go to class."