24

Silver didn't expect it, but when she was telling them stories about Hogwarts to all of them, she broke down. She was reminded of her multiple failures that made her so mentally down and tired. Silver spent the summer celebrating her birthday, hanging out with Neyda and her other friends, she even managed to catch up on a lot of tiktok trends that she missed while she was there. And she also studied and trained. More spells and information about things surrounding Tom. She searched up all that she knew about the treasures of the four Hogwarts founders. She already knew a lot of information, but she still wanted to find out more, of course not to tell Tom, but for herself. Silver was grateful that she got to go back. Sure, she has friends in Hogwarts too, but they don't know anything about her. Silver wished they did but they don't, they can't know. While here in the Barrier, everybody knew what she went through, all the trauma, tears, and fear that she experienced. But now, it's time to go back to Hogwarts.

Silver cried the whole day, she didn't want to leave. She had to leave the people that know her most, leave social media, and leave her identity.

Cassandra pat Silver's head. "Silver, I know things had been hard on you, but I promise you'll be okay. Everything will be." Silver laughed sadly. "Really?" Cassandra turned to her. "Yes, I know how hard you've been struggling, and you can do this, Silver." Silver hugged her. Cassandra pushed her off gently. "Well? Change now!"

Silver laughed and changed to her boring clothes again. She smiled at her reflection and went out. Silver approached the portal. She had said goodbye to her other friends in the Barrier, and now she's hugging Neyda. They laughed. The past year had been hard on both Silver and Neyda, it was such a big change for them, but hopefully everything will be easier from now on.

She smiled at all the staffs, and gave a big grin to Neyda and Cass. "Goodluck!" She smiled to Neyda. Cassandra gave her a thumbs up. Silver licked her lips and grabbed her briefcase. She jumped.

Silver kept her mouth and eyes shut, and landed a bit softer on ground than the last time she did it. She took a deep breath and walked inside the station. Platform 9 ¾ was waiting for her, so she stepped in. She always wondered why people ran instead of walk through and experience the whole magical experience. Their loss though.

A lot of people were talking with their parents and friends, Silver had a hard time walking past them. She stopped and saw Abraxas Malfoy. The little bitch. She smiled and caught Abraxas' eyes. She waved at him. His parents, the adult Malfoys looked at her up and down, looking very much disgusted. Abraxas looked so embarrassed. His mom whispered something into his ears, he sighed and nodded. Silver groan to herself, she was just trying to annoy the boy a bit, not to be judged for her existence, ugh. Hopefully with Silver's help, Abraxas won't be like his parents and won't pass down the toxic beliefs to his children.

Silver went inside the train, and tried to find an empty compartment. It wasn't hard, because people outside was still talking to each other. She sat down. She can't wait to go back to the Barrier already, she was so homesick. After a few minutes of just sitting and staring at people outside the train, the door of her compartment opened. It was Alfred. Silver stood up and jumped to him, giving him a big bear hug. He laughed and hugged back. He's much taller now, and Silver smiled at that. A few second after, Sophie and Leona went in, they all greeted each other and hugged. Hug fest all up in here. Growing up Silver never got any hugs, so she always felt awkward when she was asked to hug someone. She felt perfectly comfortable hugging Alfred, Leona, and Sophie though.

They shared stories from their summers. Sophie went on a trip to Ireland with her parents and grandparents, Leona spent her whole summer reading and swimming in the lake beside her house, while Alfred practiced quidditch for weeks so he can finally get into the Gryffindor quidditch team. Sophie asked Silver about her summer and she just told them that she met up with old friends, and hung out with them. She didn't tell them a lot. They conversed with each other until they had to change into their robes.

Silver got out of the train, followed by her friends. She stretched. "Finally." They walked together to the carriages. She approached the carriages, and to her surprise she saw thestrals. She can see them. Silver thought, and remembered Myrtle. She pet the majestic creatures. Bad memories came back to her. "What are you doing, Silver!?" Leona looked at her like she was crazy. Silver coughed, "Uhm, just petting the thestrals." Alfred raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about?" Sophie smiled. "Thestrals are creatures that can only be seen by people who have seen death, if I'm not mistaken. Never knew they were pulling the carriages." Alfred nodded understandingly. Leona tried to pet the thestrals that she can't see.

"So, whose death has you seen?"

Silver smiled sadly. "Just my grandma, she passed 3 years ago." Sophie put her arms around Silver's neck. "I'm sorry, Silver." Silver laughed. "It's fine." Alfred shrugged and entered the carriage, followed by Leona who gestured them to come in. Sophie stepped in, and Silver was about to when she felt someone staring at her. She turned and saw a few Slytherins, including Tom. His usual gang, but with a girl she has never seen them together before. Druella Black, who had her hand holding Tom's arm, giving her a glare, while Tom was talking to some girls, smiling fakely at them. Silver took a deep breath and stepped inside the carriage, feeling sour.

They arrived at the great hall. Silver sat down with her friends like she always do. She looked to the door, and saw Tom and his gang walking in, everybody turned to look and them, and people started whispering when they saw Druella walking beside him. Some turned to look at Silver, trying to see her reaction to Tom and Druella. Silver's face stayed blank, but inside, she was furious. This is not a competition, but if Druella tried to make it into one, Silver knows she's the winner. Sad how she keeps looking at me, trying to see my reaction. Pfft.

Silver smiled at Druella sweetly, without any hint of pettiness and anger. Compared to Tom, she's a away better actor. Silver turned back to her friends and ate her delicious dinner, trying her best to ignore the Slytherin table.

The first years were sorted, it took a while, and Silver just sat there, bored. It was hard not to glance at Tom. Not a lot of the first years were sorted into Hufflepuff, but at least their table's not too crowded because of that. Silver promised herself that she'll be nice this year. She greeted some of the first years and tell them some things she knows about the castle. How fun would it be if all the first years loved her and trailed her around like little gnomes? Cute.

Leona got even prettier over the summer, Alfred took a lot of glances at her. Silver had to contain her laughter. Leona was completely oblivious, she just talked with the others. Sophie smiled at Alfred cheekily, also trying not to laugh. Dippet gave them a long, welcoming speech that Silver didn't really pay attention to. Silver wondered what's going to happen this year. Probably more chaos and killings.

Silver finally glanced at the Slytherin table, Druella was sitting next to Tom, flirting with him and twirling her black hair around. The girls around looked jealous of her. Druella caught Silver's eyes and smirked at her. Silver clenched her fists under the table. Tom was talking to Nott, when she turned and saw Silver, glaring at Druella who was smiling smugly. Tom cleared his throat at Druella, and she snapped her head to him and giggled. Silver sees this, and rolled her eyes.