22

Cries erupted through the whole castle. Everyone was crying for Myrtle's death, but nobody really cared, not much. None of them gives a damn about her. Olive Hornby looked pale and shaken up. Silver just stood and watched. People were whispering about Olive, she was Myrtle's biggest bully and hater. All students were gathered in the great hall. Leona ran into Silver, she almost fell.

"Silver! Where were you!? Somebody was-" Silver sighed. "I know." Leona hugged her tightly, and Silver hugged back. Alfred ran over to them, the great hall was packed, and everybody was freaking out. "Alfred!" Silver yelled. Leona got out of their hug and now hugged Alfred, Leona's obviously scared of losing another friend. Trauma.

"Silence!" it was Dippet. He sighed. "We have very unfortunate news. Someone in this castle was found dead just this morning." Dippet didn't tell them who died, because everyone already knew. Everyone whispered, Myrtle this Myrtle that. "Her body was found by Ms. Hornby." Everybody turned to Olive, they already suspected her of killing Myrtle, now they were more convinced that she did. It was not a lie. Olive did kill Myrtle, she took a very big part in it at least. 

A murderer. A killer. That's who she is in Silver's eyes.

Olive forced out a laugh and stuttered. "Yes, I f-found her, but I SWEAR I was just looking for her because I wanted to put owl dung in her hair!" Everybody booed her. What a pathetic excuse. The headmaster silenced them once again. "And why would you do that, Ms. Hornby!?" Dippet looked enraged. Olive gaped and choked on her words. She looked around and caught Silver standing in a corner. She pointed at her accusingly.

"You, the Hufflepuff! She went up to me yesterday night, like she KNEW Myrtle was about to die! She even threatened to KILL ME!!" The great hall was filled with gasps. Leona snapped her head to Silver and gaped. Silver crossed her arms and walked towards Olive, the crowd parted for her. She was in front of Olive now, who looked more scared than she already was.

"Yeah, I did know that she was going to die." Everybody yelled at her, accusing her of killing Myrtle. Olive shouted, "SEE!? She killed her-" Silver grabbed Olive's wrist as hard as she can. Hornby let out a cry of pain. Dippet gasped, "Stop what you're doing this instant, Ms.Prennington!"

"I was TRYING to stop her death you pathetic little thing! But when I tried to catch up with Myrtle, YOU and your fucking stupid gang made me fail to save her!" Everybody stayed silent. Olive cried. Silver pulled her closer. "So you may not kill her directly, Hornby, but in my eyes, you are her killer. A MURDERER, that's who you are in my eyes!!!" Olive Hornby winced in pain and she sobbed. Silver was filled with glee, but she didn't show it. The little bitch deserved to go to Azkaban alongside Tom.

Dippet ran over to the two of them and broke Silver and Olive apart. He told a professor to bring a sobbing Olive Hornby away. Silver panted. "Is that really the truth, Ms. Prennington!?" She clenched her jaw. "Are you accusing me of lying, Headmaster?" Silver wanted to scream into everyone's ears until all of their eardrums were swollen. She wanted out. "I would never-"

Suddenly she felt a presence behind her. "I tell you, headmaster, and everyone here, that Silver is telling the truth." Tom now stood beside her. The students went back to whispering. "Silver is a seer, Headmaster."

They all gasped. Silver ran her fingers through her hair. Dippet's mouth was wide open. A Gryffindor yelled at them, "You're just making stuff up to protect your girlfriend!!" Some students cheered the Gryffindor on. Freaks, absolute freaks. Silver's having a hard time not to let the tears pour out of her eyes, because if she did, she'll never stop. She bit her lip hard. Tom put a hand behind her back and rubbed it soothingly with his thumb.

"Silver and I haven't been the best of friends, if I'm being honest. But I accidentally found out her secret, and she made me promise not to tell anyone. I may not be fond of her at first, but I won't just let someone who's innocent get accused of being a killer." Silver looked at Tom and she looked around at everybody. People didn't know how to react. 

"She had been trying to be friends with Myrtle Warren ever since she had a vision. To stop the poor fate of the girl, to give Warren a future. She had been trying to stop her death."

Leona stepped up to her. "But Silver, why'd you never tell anyone about this, us?" Leona said in a whisper. She sounded hurt. Silver broke. She let out an exasperated sigh. "Because Leona, I thought I could do it on my own, if I tell everyone, you'd all think I was seeking for attention, and I was convinced that you, Sophie, and Alfred wouldn't believe me! I didn't even want Tom to find out!"

Leona looked at Silver in pity. "Of course I'd believe you, Silver." Alfred nodded and smiled sadly at her. Silver let out a quiet sob. "If you're all-knowing, tell us what killed her then!" the sound came from one of the slytherin girls. Silver shook her head.

"I'm not all-knowing, I just know bits and pieces of the past and future. I didn't know what killed her, but trust me, I WISH I knew." 

Silver can't believe she is protecting Tom, this monster.

Tom pulled her closer to him, like he was pleased with her response. Silver shuddered. Dippet thought for a while and took a look at the crying Silver. He took a deep breath. "Classes are dismissed for today, stay here, all of you." Dippet went out, followed by Dumbledore and more professors. Some stayed to watch over the worried and crying students.

Alfred pulled Silver out of Tom's arms and gave him a glare. Tom glared back. Alfred hugged Silver, and Tom went back to his Slytherin group. Silver melted into the hug, grateful that she still had her friends.

They had to sleep in the great hall that night, and the next day Dippet told them that the school was going to be shut down. People cried and protested. Silver knew though that Hagrid will have to take the blame, and the school won't be shut down. Leona put her face in her hands. "Sophie's still petrified and the school's going to be shut down? What are we going to do?!" Alfred sighed and crossed his arms. 

"I don't even know."

A few hours later, it was announced that they 'caught' the perpetrator. Everyone cheered. Leona brightened up, but when she heard who it was, her face fell. "That 3rd year? How could he be responsible for something like this?"

Because he isn't

Silver nodded, pretending like it was also hard for her to take in. Silver was sure that Dippet didn't really believed Hagrid was a killer, he just wanted to have some peace and this weight taken off his chest. Dippet told everyone that Tom got to the bottom of this and figured it out. That he saved everyone. Silver huffed, because Silver knew that if he could, he'd kill every single person in this room. Including her.

Everyone clapped their hands as Tom went up to Dippet, he shook his hand, and was given a trophy. Tom smiled sweetly. Even Alfred clapped his hands a bit. They took a picture, and Tom went back to his goons. He looked around and his eyes landed on her. He smiled. Everybody thought that he was just giving a nice, loving smile to Silver, but she knew that it was actually a smile full of lies and smugness. Silver smiled back, hers secretly full of regret and anger.