21

Tom woke up, startled. He groaned in pain and he remembered what happened last night. He had made a horcrux. He looked around, and saw that he was on a couch, in the room of requirement, with Silver in front of him, sleeping in a fetal position. She opened her eyes and jumped awake. She was panting.

"Where is it!?" Tom shouted at Silver who was still dazed. She sighed and got the diary out of her robe pocket. She handed it to him, he grabbed it from her hands and flipped through the pages, his face gleaming. "I-I did it." He looked up at Silver, she looked a mess.

"What happened yesterday?" Silver tried to process Tom's question. She sighed and stopped to think. Her head snapped up to look at him, looking terrified. He waited for her sobs and screams, but it never came. She just stared at him blankly. He didn't know what to do either.

Silver was having a hard time with herself. She wanted to jump off the astronomy tower, and let Olive Hornby see her blood everywhere and be traumatized for life. She wanted to strangle Tom until he cries. She wanted to slap herself until her cheeks are purple. She wanted to do a lot of things, but most of all, she just wants to go home and pretended like she never went here. Silver has lost hope.

At the same time though, she felt numb. She can feel everything and nothing at the same time. It was overwhelming. She didn't even realize that Tom moved and sat right in front of her. He made her look at him. "Snap out of it." Silver scoffed. Tears rolled out of her eyes, but her expression stays empty and vacant.

"You killed her."

Tom rolled his eyes.

"Yes, yes I did."

Silver scrunched her eyebrows. "How can you be so heartless? You just killed someone." Silver's body was weirdly relaxed. Tom stared at her. "That's because I don't have a heart, you'd know this already." Silver laughed.

"Funny how you're practically dead inside, and yet, you still try to live forever."

Tom clenched his jaw. Silver bent her head to the side in a childish manner and forced a smile. "Don't you get it, Tom Riddle? You're already dead."

Tom exploded and slithered his hand around her neck, like a nice, tight hug. He pushed her body so that she was laying on the couch, with Tom on top of her holding her neck down. Silver choked. "You don't get to say that to me! I'll be the greatest wizard the world will ever see, and you'll bow down to me!!" Silver coughed, but she chuckled.

"I know." She held Tom's wrist that was holding her to the couch, and closed her eyes. "I want to save everyone, while you just want to do the exact opposite. It's hard."

His grip on her loosened, and he let go. Silver sat back up, she rubbed her eyes and yawned. A sniffle came out of her, and she found her eyes letting more tears came out. "Th-that day you stopped me from talking to Myrtle, I was trying to be her friend because I wanted to save her." Tom ruffled his hair. "She doesn't need saving."

Silver let out a groan that sounds more like a scream. "But I do!" Silver yelled at him. She grabbed her hair with her two hands and gave it a rough pull. She looked at Tom and let out some kind of shriek. "I-I failed to save a life, after knowing what will happen to her months before! Maybe I'm doing this for me! Maybe I'm trying to keep myself sane! I am fucking traumatized!"

Silver was flailing her arms put like she was insane, her eyes bulged out of her eyes socket. She put her hands on her face and forced herself to stop screaming at the boy, even though he deserved way more than just some screams. He deserved to die, to be in pain for the rest of his live, to be tortured in the darkest cell of Azkaban. But screaming at him won't change anything, it'll only exhaust her, and she's too exhausted already.

Silver gasped for air, like she almost drowned and just got out of the water a second before her death. She exhaled harshly. Tom's gaze stayed on her, like he was wondering what she'd do next. She sighed.

"What's the point in living forever if we're all alone?"

Tom blinked.

"I'm already alone, I have been since I was born into this damned universe, and I'm still alone." He answered calmly. Silver immediately thought, what if he was born in another universe? Would he still be broken and hurt? Would he still be a monster, or would he be the cute boy next door instead?

She wished she could take him to another universe, where he was loved. Because even though he had made her feel the worst feelings she's ever felt, still, she wants him to feel loved so much.

"And guess what? I don't mind it. Being alone is fine."

Silver raised her head up and looked at him.

"But it's so much better when you have someone, really is." Tom scoffed. "You have too much faith in people, it's going to be your downfall."

Silver wiped her wet cheeks. She leaned her head to the side and rested it on the couch.

"Let's be friends." Silver said out of nowhere. Tom looked like she just pissed on his shoes. "No. I don't consort with people like you." Silver closed her eyes. "The school's going to be shut down because of the stupid and cruel shit you caused, what are you going to do about it?" Tom's breath hitched. Silver opened her eyes and saw him have a panicked look on his face. He stood up and paced a bit, until he stopped and walked to the door, now looking determined.

Shit, he's going to get Hagrid expelled. Silver stood up and was about to stop him when Neyda yelled. NO! If Hagrid wasn't blamed, Dippet would shut down the school, and that's not good, we'll ruin the whole universe COMPLETELY, Harry Potter won't meet Hermione and Ron, probably won't find out he's a wizard, and too many other things. Hagrid will suffer, but he'll recover, and him being sacrificed by Tom plays a big part in the Wizarding World that we know. Just... don't!

Neyda stopped, and Tom had already went out. Silver sighed.