Stay

They ordered pizza. Having found the money Jiungs parents left for him.

They waited in the dining room. Sitting across from each other.

Not speaking as they scroll through their phones. Showing each other something funny they happened to found on their timeline.

A knock soon heard after 45 minutes of silence. Jiung getting up and rushing over to the door, money in hand.

Intak placing his phone down as he hears the small conversation between his friend and the pizza delivery guy.

Soon the door was heard being shut and footsteps coming back to the dining room.

Jiung carrying the large pizza in his arms, he places it down with a smile.

"Let's eat!"
——
"I told you we should've gotten the sausage and pepperoni pizza." Intak scolds his older friend who was not enjoying his slice of cheese pizza.

"I didn't want anything on it that's why!" Jiung whines as he picks at the other box of pizza with the toppings.

"Now that one is going to be just plain." Intak points out.

"I'll only take half of the toppings. Here, eat it." Jiung says and places the half topping pizza onto Intaks plate.

"Ugh, I hate you." The younger mumbles as he eats the pizza.

"No you don't." Jiung giggles out and eats his somewhat improved slice.

You're right. I don't.

"Of course I do." Intak defends. Lying to himself and his friend.

"Told you."

They finished their pizza slices. Some left over for the elder to enjoy the next day.

Intak cheeks the time and see it was close to 8.

After helping Jiung clean, he lets the other know he needed to leave.

"Stay here." Jiung says as it was nothing.

"It's a school night hyung." Intak points out.

Jiung nods slightly. His eyes becoming dull as he knows he'll be left alone again.

Intak hated seeing his friend sad. He knew the older didn't like to be alone.

He sighs and pulls out his phone. Pressing the call button of his mother's contact.

Jiung watching in silence, a small part of him hoping the mother will say yes.

Intak excused himself and goes to Jiungs room. Pacing back and fourth as the ringing continues.

Heart beating, nervous that he will probably get scolded for staying out late.

Then he heard the click and then his moms sweet voice.

"Intak? Where are you?" His mom shoots the obvious questions.

"Hi mom. I'm still at Jiungs place." Intak answers.

"Well, come home. It's getting late and it's a school night." His mom says.

Intak was surprised he was getting scolded.

"Mom, that's what I wanted to talk to you about."

Silence on the other line. And then his mom spoke.

"What is it?"

Intak takes a deep breath and then exhales softly.

"I know it's a school night. But I was wondering if I can stay over at Jiungs place. His parents aren't home and his alone."

He hears his mother sigh.

He was waiting for the already known answer.

"Have him come here tonight. I want you boys safe and here is the best place."

Intak raises his brows and then nods. Then remembering his mom can't see him.

"Ah okay! Thank you so much. We'll be over soon." Intak says and soon hanging up.

He rushes downstairs and sees Jiung on his phone on the couch.

Looking up as he hears the fast footsteps coming down the stairs.

"My mom says you can stay over at our place." Intak informs.

Jiung smiles and nods, getting up and rushing to his room to pack some clothes for the next day.

Meanwhile, Intak realized that he will have to share a bed with his friend.

He suddenly felt his stomach twist and flutter.

He's just sick from the pizza. That's what he said to himself.

But what a lie.