Chapter 9

James' POV;
I woke up at 12 PM today. I've been waking up late ever since the season ended. Isabella left for uni a few minutes ago.

Today, I prepared a horror movie marathon for us to watch cause of the way I acted yesterday when "Nick" came.

But who can blame me? She brings this random guy that she has never even mentioned to me about. She says they are "just friends" and they better be. But I definitely shouldn't have said what I said.

I don't care if this is just a fake relationship, I will actually lose my mind if Isabella cheats on me. But I know she can never do that, whether in a fake relationship or not. And I trust her anyways.

It's this Nick guy. There is something about him that I strongly disliked. But I know I shouldn't be judging him when I've only met him once. And it's probably just my jealousy talking.

Wait hold on just a second. Me? Jealous? No way! James Rodriguez does not get jealous!

I went to the mall and spent 2 hours shopping. It took me ages to find a good horror movie. After I got all 7 movies of S.A.W and after I was done, I went to go get snacks.

I got loads of junk food and went back home.

I took a shower and went to pick Isabella up from uni.

After we got home I led her to the living room where I had everything set up. She saw this and looked very confused.

"Come on, we're having a horror movie marathon" I said and I took her hand.
"Why?" She asked.
"I wanted to apologize for what I said yesterday. I know I was being an asshole" I said.
"I think I have been mad at you for long enough so Apology accepted" She said and smiled at me.

"So what movie?" She asked.
"S.A.W 1-7"" I answered.
"Oh hell no" she said and tried to run away but I obviously caught her and put her on my back, carrying her to the living room.

"I hate horror movies James please!" She shouted and I put her down on the couch and said "don't worry, I'll protect you" and she agreed.

We got comfortable under layers and layers of blankets and the movie started.

She would scream whenever anything happened and would snuggle into my chest. I don't think she noticed and I didn't mind. It was actually very comfortable.

3 S.A.W movies later, she looked traumatized so we didn't watch the other 4.

As we walked up the stairs she asked "James I'm too scared to sleep alone, can I sleep in your room tonight?" And I was glad she did.

"Yeah ofcourse" I replied and she smiled as she went to the bathroom.
I brushed my teeth and climbed into bed. I sleep shirtless so I hope she doesn't mind.

After a few minutes she came in wearing my jersey, that was actually like a dress for her.

"Is that my shirt?" I asked.
"Yeah, I don't know how it got into my closet but it did. Sorry" she said.
"It's alright. It looks better on you anyway" I replied and he came and lied down next to me.

I put my arm around her waist and said "goodnight Isabella."
"Goodnight James" she replied and we both drifted off to sleep.

-------------------------------

Isabella's POV;
I woke up in an unfamiliar room with an arm around my waist. Before I could panick, I realized I was in James' room cause I was too scared to sleep in my own.

I turned around and saw James sound asleep. He looked so adorable. I tried to get out of his hold so I could change for uni and surprisingly, I did.

I was making breakfast when James came down. He was shirtless and wearing his pajama pants. How did he manage to look so good when he just woke up? Some people (a.k.a me), look like bears when they wake up and he looks like a Greek god? That's so unfair.
But then again, he always looks good.

I snapped out of my daydream as he spoke.
"you're making breakfast?" He asked.
"Yup. Come on sit and eat" I said and laid a plate of pancakes on the table for him.

"Oh by the way, my parents are coming over for dinner tonight" he said and I choked on my juice.
"What?? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I shouted.
"It slipped my mind" he said as if he had done nothing wrong.

Great. Just great.

After uni, I rushed into the house and started making dinner. I made lasagna, Chinese rice and some chicken sauce and a chocolate cake for desert.

It's 7 PM and James' parents were coming at 8. I got ready and made sure to dress nicely.

James brought his parents in and as he called me, I was so nervous. What if they don't like me?

I went and put on a smile as I hugged his mum, who hugged me tight. And her dad just shook my hand and said it was nice to meet me.

We sat by the couch and James sat near me.
"So how long have you guys been dating?" His mum asks.
"Uhm. 2 weeks" I replied.
"Oh and how did he ask you out dear?" She asks again. This time I froze. I didn't know what to say.

"Uhm.. He.. He took me to the beach. To watch the sunset" I said, trying to make something more up, but I couldn't.

"aww. That's my boy" she said and pinched James' cheek. Seeing how happy they were as a family, made me miss mine.

I actually got along with his parents. They were so lovely and they cared for James so much. I could tell by the way they spoke about him.

After dinner, his mum took me to the balcony to "talk".

"So dear, tell me. Are you pregnant?" She asked and my eyes widened.
"no ofcourse not" I replied.
"Have you slept with him?" She asked.
"No" I answered and she smiled.

I was so confused and after some seconds she said "I'm glad. James doesn't sleep with the girls he truly likes so soon. And I'm happy to know he likes you" she said and smiled.

No mrs James' mum. He hasn't slept with me because we're not actually together!

After half an hour, both his parents left.
I felt a bit guilty about lying to them cause they were both so sweet.

James set up a double date with hope and Claudio tomorrow. It's going to be so awkward but hilarious as well.

I should hate Hope and Claudio with all my heart but I don't. I kind of feel grateful to them cause if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have become so close to James.

I was walking to my room again when James said "come sleep in my room again?"

"It's alright I.." I said and before I could continue he said "Bella pleaaasseeeee". how could I refuse?