Chapter 22

James' POV;
The next morning I woke up when Isabella was getting dressed.
"Good morning" she said and smiled.
"Morning. Where are you going?" I asked.
"Uni and you need to go for training. And I need you to drive us back home so I could change" she said and I nodded.

When we got to the house, I changed or training and she changed for uni.

We were ready at the same time so I decided to drop her off at uni. When we were in the car I asked her "why do you even do uni?"

"Cause I want to become a doctor. Duh James" she said.
"Why do you want to become a doctor?" I asked.
"You know in the future, I won't get paid to breathe right? I need to work" she replied.
"Why do you need to work? You know I can provide you with everything" I said.
"I don't want to depend on you James" she said.
"Well I want to provide everything for you. Like a proper boyfriend would" I said.
"What are you trying to say?" She asked.
"I want you to drop uni and let me take care of you" I replied.
"Are you crazy? There is no way I'm dropping uni. Don't even bother convincing me James" she said and just looked out the window and I could tell she was pissed.

But why? I just want to be a good boyfriend and she won't let me.

When we reached her uni, she got out of the car and said "thanks for the ride" without even looking me in the eye, and walked off.

I drove to training and I sat with the guys in the locker room.

"So James, I tried calling you last night but your phone was off. Where were you?" Ronaldo asked.
"Somewhere" I replied.
"He was probably getting it on with Isabella" Marcelo said.
"Maybe it wasn't even Isabella" Isco said and laughed.
"Who would ever cheat on Isabella?" Ramos asked.
"Guys shut up! I'm not cheating on Isabella!" I said.

"Then where were you?" Ronaldo asked again.
"I was with her" I replied and they all started whistling and laughing.

"You can all shut up now cause she is pissed as hell at me right now" I said after they were done.
"Why?" Marcelo asked.
"I asked her to quit uni and she got pissed" I replied.
"Why would you do that though?" Casillas asked.
"I don't want her to work. I want to take care of her" I replied.
"Women don't like to feel like they need to depend on someone James. I get why she is mad at you" Isco said.

"Women are just crazy man. Yesterday Mandy made me drive to the store at 3 AM to get her ice cream. And I came home with the wrong flavor so she sent me back" Marcelo said and we all laughed.

We just sat in the locker room discussing crazy things our wives/girlfriends did when coach walked in an screamed at us for being late.

When were training I was just thinking about how happy iker always seemed to be after he got married. Maybe one day, when I marry Isabella, I'll be like that too.