Chapter 1

Isabella's POV;

Hi, my name is Isabella Florenzi. Born and raised in Milan, Italy. I support Inter Milan. I supported inter ever since I was 6. I love them to death. I go see them at the San Siro whenever I can.

I've got an amazing boyfriend, Claudio, who works in Spain, and amazing friends and family. You could say my life was pretty much perfect.

I'm an aspiring doctor, in my 3rd year of medical school but I've asked my university to transfer me to a university in Spain so I can be closer to Claudio. But I haven't told him yet cause I want it to be a surprise.

I fly out to Madrid tomorrow and I don't know why I'm not excited.

I haven't seen Claudio in almost 3 months. I should be excited right? But I'm not. I've got this weird feeling inside me telling me to stay in Italy.

I never thought I would have to leave Milan. This is all I have ever known. Where I was born and where I grew up. All my friends, family, my club (inter) and everything about this city, makes it hard for me to leave.

But somehow I was glad. Moving away from all the heartbreak and starting a new life with Claudio made me somewhat happy.

Don't get me wrong, I love my life. Ive got amazing people around me and everything but that wasn't the case a few years ago.

4 years ago, before I met Claudio and before I started med school, I went through the worst year of my life. I suffered my first major heartbreak. It was from my ex boyfriend, luca. After dating through the whole of high school, he dumped me because he "found someone better".

That same year, I lost my mother. I fell into a state of depression after that. But after some months I got my life back on track and decided to take up medical school.

I've got so many friends here in Milan and I don't know if I'm ready to leave all of this behind.

I will even miss Alberto, the guy who works at my local coffee shop who gives me a free latte every morning before I head for uni.

And gilardino, the guard who works at the San Siro stadium, who I see everytime I go to watch an inter game.

And all my friends, my dad and my sister.

But I guess change is a good thing? Maybe In a few years, after I'm done with med school, me and Claudio will get married and have kids. Hahaha I'm kidding. It's too early to think about that now.

Its 9 PM and I'm packing for Madrid. My plane leaves at 2 AM so I have 6 hours to get everything done. I've been too busy saying goodbye to everyone that I even forgot to pack.

I'm done packing now. I sat on my bed trying to take everything in. My 16 year old sister, Emilia, came and sat with me.

"I will miss you so much isa" she said and laid her her on my shoulder.

"I'll miss you too. But don't worry, I'll come visit as much as possible and I'll even get dad to allow you to visit me there once" I replied.
"Really?" She asked and her eyes lit up.

"Yeah ofcourse. It will be like that sister vacation we've been planning ever since we were kids" I answered.
"Don't you dare hook up with Spanish boys without me" she said and I laughed.

"Don't worry. I've got Claudio" I replied.
"I've never liked Claudio" she said and sighed.
"You will love him when you get to meet him em don't worry" I said.

"Alright" she replied faintly and we both lied down on the bed and drifted off to sleep. My plane leaves in 3 hours so I might as well take a nap.