Chapter 17

Isabella's POV;
James and I have been in italy for a month now, and it's time for us to leave. James invited me to go with him to Colombia. It took a lot of convincing, but I agreed.

We leave in a few hours and I'm really excited to see where James grew up and too meet his sister too.

I've already met his parents before so I'm not that nervous.

*COLOMBIA*
We reached Colombia at sunset. We went to the baggage claim and exited the airport.

We went out and looked for James' sister, who was going to pick us up.

I'm guessing James found her cause I saw a girl running towards James and hugging him.

Then she came to me and hugged me.

"Hi Isabella, I'm Natalia" she said.
"Nice to meet you" I said and smiled.

"Come on let's go home" she said and led us both to her car.

When we were in the car, Natalia asked "Isabella why is a pretty girl like you, dating this dork?" And I laughed.

"Oh wow, thanks sis" James said.
"No offense bro. Seriously though she is gorgeous" Natalia said.
"So does that mean I can't date gorgeous girls?" He asked and Natalia just laughed and kept her eyes on the road.

They had such a cute brother - sister relationship. It kinda makes me wish I had a brother.

When we got to their house I was shocked. I mean I knew their parents were rich but god damn this house is huge.

We sat in the living room with their parents.

After a few minutes of talking, their parents told me to head to bed cause they could tell how tired I was.

Natalia told me that I was rooming with her cause she wanted to know me better before I leave and I honestly liked that idea.

I took a shower, got changed and fell asleep immediately.

-----------------------------
I woke up when I heard someone calling my name. I looked up and saw James sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Good morning" he said and smiled.
"Morning" I replied.
"Get up, we're going for breakfast" he said, smiled and left the room without saying anything more.

I took a shower and wore a pair of dark blue jeans with a black tank top and silver flats.

It was like 100 degrees outside. James took me in his car and drove to a nearby cafe.

"James!" I hear someone say.
"Juan?" James asks and laughs and goes to hug this juan guy.

"Juan this is my girlfriend, Isabella. Isabella this is juan, we used to go to high school together" James says and juan shook my hand.

Juan and James spoke for a few minutes and then juan left.

So many people on the road greeted James. It was like the whole of Colombia knew him.

"So does everyone in the city know you?" I asked.
"Yeah pretty much" he replied.

We were walking around the city center and he took me to a stadium.

"This is where I used to play in my youths. For a club called Envigado. Wow. This place brings back so many memories" James said.
"Good or bad?" I asked.
"Both" he replied.

After we left the stadium, James showed me around a bit. To the parks and malls.

When we got home, James' parents said they had a surprise for us.

They led us to the sitting room and handed me a box and James another.

I opened it and saw a gold ring. James' box had a one exactly like it. I was confused but James' mum spoke and said "these rings have been in the family for a long time. It was passed on from my grandparents, to my parents, to me and your father, and now to you two. It's a tradition. Every couple in the family that are most likely going to get married, will have the rings." And I was in shock.

"But I can't.." I said and his father interrupted me and said "we want you two to have them dear" he said and I was speachless. I could tell James was too.

"Why didn't you ever tell me this existed?" James asked.
"We were waiting for the right woman to come along. And she did" His mum said and smiled.

"Alright now we will head to bed. Good night" his dad said.
"Goodnight" me and James said at the same time.

When they left, I said "James how can we take these when we aren't even actually together?" I asked.
"Well telling my parents that we aren't actually together isn't an option. So we just take them and no one gets hurt" he said. He made it seem so simple.

-------------------------------

*SKIPS 2 WEEKS*
I've stayed in Colombia for 2 weeks now and it's time for me to go back. James is going to spend the rest of the summer here but I can't. I'm going back to Spain cause uni starts soon.

James is driving me to the airport right now. I tried to tell him to stay home but he refused. I don't know how I'll spend the rest of the summer without him.

When we reached the airport, he helped me carry my bags inside. He stayed with me for a while but my flight was about to leave so I had to go.

"Take care isa. Make sure you take one of my cars to uni cause I don't like you walking. And also if there is any problem call me and I'll come back. And..." He said and I interrupted him, "James. Don't worry. I'll be fine. See you in 2 weeks" I said and smiled.

"I'll miss you" he said and hugged me.
"I'll miss you too" I said and pulled away from the hug.

As I turned my back to walk away, he grabbed my arm and pulled me into a kiss.

Ofcourse I was taken by shock but after some seconds I just kissed him back.

We were interrupted when we heard "last call for all passengers for flight to Madrid, Spain"

We broke out and we let go off our hands and I walked away to board my plane. It's only 2 weeks but I'm going to miss him like crazy.

A huge part of me was wishing that my relationship with James wasn't fake. I wish me and James got together under different circumstances.