Two Days

"No, I told you the best feature on a cat is their toe beans!" Tonya laughed pushing Hitoshi's shoulder but he doesn't move an inch. 

He smirked, "No it's their ears and tail."

"But the toe beans are so cute!!"

"The ears and tail are fucking fluffy!"

"I don't care if they're fucking fluffy Toshi, the toe beans are fucking soft and squidgy!"

Hitoshi let out a snort and looked at the red-eyed girl, "you really are passionate about cat's toe beans, Kitten."

"Of course, I am, they're fucking adorable!"

Tonya's phone buzzed beside her and she looked down at it before picking it up, she sighed, "I have to go in for another shift at the bookstore."

Hitoshi frowned, "I thought you had today off?"

She huffed and got up, grabbing her hoddie and pulling it on, "I thought so too but Nishimura needs me to fill in a shift because Nakayama's ill."

"She really has a shitty immune system," Hitoshi scoffed.

She hummed in agreement and grabbed her phone, looking at the boy, "I'll see you later then, Toshi," she gave him a soft smile.

The boy got up from his bed and stepped over to her, he looked down at her, "I'm gonna miss seeing you in class Kitten."

She looked up at him confused, "you'll still see me at lunch and around the school, it's not like I'm leaving the country."

He rolled his eyes and smiled slightly, "I mean I'm gonna miss watching your eyes light up whenever someone mentions heroes. I'm gonna miss seeing your excitement when you get a question right even though you and I both know that you're the smartest person in our class. I'm gonna miss having you as my partner when we're given projects. I'm gonna miss you, you dork."

She giggled, "you still have another day to hang out with me silly, I don't see the big deal about me moving to the hero course."

He scoffed and lifted his hand to rest on her cheek, a light pink hue graced the red-eyes girl's cheeks and her eyes flickered down to his lips before going back to meet with his eyes. His warm breath fanned her face and his own eyes flickered down to her lips too.

Her phone buzzed again and she looked down at it, Hitoshi dropped his hand from her cheek, "I really have to go, I'll see you later, okay?"

He mutely nodded and she smiled before leaving his house.

Tonya pushed open the bookstore door, "Nishimura! I'm here!" She called out as she stepped into the small shop and shut the door behind her.

A young woman's head popped out to look at her from behind a bookshelf, she smiled and stepped out from behind it, "Shimura, thank you for coming in, I know it's your day off but Naka-"

"-I know. You told me earlier Nishimura," the blue-haired girl chuckled

"Yeah, that and I have a bit of a family emergency, I just need you to do this shift and close up at the normal time." She smiled sheepishly.

Tonya nodded and looked around, the shop was empty other than the two of them. Nishimura pointed her to a box of books that needed stacking onto shelves and Tonya moved to start placing them on shelves in alphabetical order.

Nishimura smiled greatfully and softly patted the young girls shoulder before stepping out of the door, calling out to Tonya, "thank you dear, I'll pay you extra for this."