12. S.T. - Christmas, pt. 1

Hello, guys! How are you all doing?

Since we're heading right into the holidays, I've decided to publish a three-part oneshot series revolving around our Smosh faves during Christmastime. First part would be Shayne, second part would be Damien, and third part would be Ian! They will be released today (Shayne), on the 19th (Damien), and on the 23rd (Ian). Hope you're psyched for it!

As you may have heard, we're back to our Wednesday-Saturday update schedule for the rest of December. This update got delayed for some personal reasons, so my apologies! Hopefully, I'll get to writing the next part soon.

Anyway, let's start, shall we? Hope you enjoy!

Character: Shayne
Requested by: (author-made)
POV: Shayne

-/-/-

It's not every year that you get to spend Christmas with someone you hold dearly to your heart, unless you're lucky. For a quarter and a bit more of my life, I've been spending it with my family, sometimes my friends if the weather doesn't permit it. But this year...

From: Y/N
Hey, Shayne! So sorry if this is an inconvenience, but Damien told me you didn't go home for the holidays. So you're in California now, right?

From: Shayne
Yeah, what's up? Is there something up?

From: Y/N
I'm flying in from Arizona in probably a couple of hours. Just about to board the plane, and I was wondering if I could ask for a bit of your help with my baggage so I can take them back to my apartment.

From: Shayne
Not a problem. Just tell me where to pick you up and I'll be there.

From: Y/N
Thank you so much! I owe you one, dude.

Well, I guess you could say this year was an exception, because the moment I got that message, I was trying not to spill wine on my blanket which was wrapped around me as I play on my Switch. In short, I was not a very festive Christmas mess. I was, at best, that one cousin who never talks to anyone at the family Christmas parties. But that was because I couldn't go home to Colorado because of the snowstorm. I'd still have to join in the video call tonight though.

But I take my keys and put my coat on after an hour. I make my way to the airport, with questions running through my head. It was weird, because I knew Y/N wouldn't miss it for the world to be back home for the holidays. Something bad must have happened, and that's not good.

When I arrive to the airport, I wait patiently for Y/N to arrive, and as soon as I see her, bundled up in winter clothing and a nose redder than Rudolph's, I wave at her. She immediately sees me, and with two heavy baggages, she awkwardly walks towards me. "Hey, so sorry for having to ask you to do this," she says as I take one of her bags. "I know it's Christmas Eve and all, but I just had to get home here."

"Are you alright?" I ask her, concerned for her puffy eyes and nasal voice. "No way, you're not alright. What happened?"

"Oh, it's...," she mumbles before taking a deep breath and sighing. "It's a bit difficult for me to explain, but..."

We get into my car after we put her bags in the trunk. Her apartment was a bit far from here, and when she starts to play Taylor Swift's latest album, it's obvious that she's not feeling alright. Halfway through the first song, she starts crying again, and we get stuck in traffic. I tell her, "Y/N, you can tell me what's up, okay? We're friends."

"I know, I know," she replies, sniffling. "My mom and I got into a fight, and she told me to go back to California instead of spending Christmas with them. I mean, I was upset with her too, but I wouldn't do that to my own daughter. If I ever have one, that is. But... the thing is, I just wish she let me explain a bit."