11. I.H. - Chance and Fate

Hey, you guys! How are you all doing?

I finished writing this last week, and I was looking forward to publishing it today. And here we are, so woah!

Also, I published "General Eyes," where you can read a bunch of stuff about me, how I write, how I read fanfictions, and just a bunch of stuff. I'll be putting major announcements there as well, so go check it out, yeah?

Anyway, let's get started, shall we? See ya!

Character: Ian
Requested by: Roanseal3
POV: Ian

-/-/-

From: Ian (SmoshIan)
To: Amy (GeneralEyes)
Hey, author. It's me, Ian. You've probably read your other stories after you've written them, and yes, they're all laced with the sticky, icky taste of fate. Always having these meet-cute's that never happen in real life. Can I just say how unrealistic these are sometimes? I'm not one who believes in fate, because I'm more of a person who believes in chance. I don't believe that things happen for a reason, but I do believe that they happen because of the sheer possibility of luck. I haven't heard of a single person who's won the lottery and called it fate; it's always been chance for them. And I think that's how most of life's stories actually occur. So I hope this one you're writing is pretty good on chance for me. Thanks.

From: Amy (GeneralEyes)
To: Ian (SmoshIan)
Hi, Ian! I totally get where you're coming from. But I am the author of this oneshot, so I get to vote on whether I put in fate all over again or chance this time around. I promise you though, that this one's gonna have a happy ending. You know me, a sucker for happy endings and romantic comedies. Let me help you rebuild some faith in fate again. Get it? Because... yeah. Oh, Amy, you know jokes are best executed without explanations. This is why I'll never be accepted into Smosh. :(

From: Ian (SmoshIan)
To: Amy (GeneralEyes)
Sounds like a challenge.

From: Amy (GeneralEyes)
To: Ian (SmoshIan)
It is. I'll send you the write-up I have so far. Here it is:

Some people don't believe in fate. Most people really don't. They rely on chance, which is the most incredulous thing to lean against when you're falling out of an airplane. When it comes to chance, it's a 50/50 whether you survive or not. There's no action, but when it comes to fate, well, people make sure that it works in their favor in any way possible.

One of those people who don't believe in fate is absurdly the same person who would have lucked out without it: Ian Hecox. After building a successful comedy empire with his best friend, you would have thought that there was nothing else left for him in store. When Anthony left and Defy shut down, he thought that it was game over, yet worked on it anyway. He didn't believe in chance at all! He relied on the fate that one of those buyers was going to be their best bet. Thankfully, the older versions of Ian and Anthony whom we know as Rhett and Link took them in. And he would tell you that he didn't believe in fate at all, but Rhett and Link had been eyeing them for longer than they knew.

It wasn't chance at all, not a chance.

So how does a man who believes in chance meet the love of his fate?

From: Ian (SmoshIan)
To: Amy (GeneralEyes)
Oh, wow. That last line was a banger, not gonna lie.

From: Amy (GeneralEyes)
To: Ian (SmoshIan)
Aww, thanks! I just finished more of this part. Here you go:

Obviously, Ian still didn't believe in our good friend Fate, because Fate had other plans for him that he couldn't change no matter how hard he tried. He and his long-time partner broke up, and changes in his life kept happening. He had to go through many of them on his own, shutting out anyone who tried to help him, because they would all leave. That's what he believed in: why let people enter his life when they almost always left? He was scared of ending up alone when he watched his final sunset, and he wanted someone to share the skies with. You'd think that it was nothing, but imagine losing your best friend, your girlfriend, years of hard work, the people around you, and shreds of your pride and dignity all in one go. This man relied on Fate, but when Fate took him elsewhere, he never wanted to let Fate inside again.