8. I.H. - Brother's Keeper

Hey, guys!

Man, it's been a long time since I updated this book. First off, my apologies. I've been busy with writing for CFH, and then we had online classes and requirements. I thought it would be much easier writing this than a chaptered story, but turns out, it's the other way around. My bad, friends!

On the other hand, thanks for 1k+ reads! That's awesome, you guys. Right now, I don't have requests on hand, so feel free to send in some if you want. Just check the author's note for guidelines. This book is updated every Saturday now.

Anyway, let's get started and see ya!

Character: Ian
Requested by: @TarableTaralynn
POV: Shayne

-/-/-

I just know it. I just know that my sister, Y/N, is in a relationship with someone in this office. And I already don't like the feeling of this.

"Hey, Y/N?" I mumble as my sister calmly drinks some coffee from a MFC mug. "Err... what are you doing this afternoon?"

"Oh, just gonna have a casual stroll," she answers. "Why do you ask?"

"Nothing," I reply. "Just wondering."

"You say that when you're totally suspicious of something," she tells me, nudging me. "Don't worry about me. I know you're just kinda nervous because I haven't really explored much of LA like you have."

"You going with someone?"

"Mhm."

"Who is it?"

"Just a friend."

"Yeah? A friend? In LA?"

"Yeah, I used to work with him in Colorado, and he offered to show me around," she answers, sighing. "Hey, don't worry, okay? I got this. I may be younger than you by a couple of years, but you're not the only one gearing up. I practiced some self-defense stuff back at home, and Brian's actually a bit scared of me now."

"That's not what I'm worried about," I tell her, crossing my arms. "Just... don't get into trouble, okay?"

"Oh, Shayne," she says, patting my back. "Trouble's my middle name."

"No, it isn't."

"Well, I'll take care. Don't worry."

When Y/N walks away to go do some work again, I sigh. Yeah, sure, my 27-year-old sister isn't the type of person who would get irresponsibly in trouble. I'd say she was a moderate kind of person, never going extreme if she didn't have to. But still: she was my younger sister. Just because she's been working here for a week doesn't mean everything's perfectly fine. And of course, there's the whole mystery thing about whom she's dating.

"Ooh, overprotective brother," Courtney remarks as she walks towards me, making herself a mug of coffee. "You're being too frantic, man."

"Am I?" I ask, still suspiciously eyeing my sister. "You know what I've been feeling? This girl has a marketing degree, and of all places she decided to work at, it had to be where I've been working for years."

"You never really introduced her to us, it's a bit weird," she replies, shrugging. "But hey, maybe she just wants to bond with you a little more."

"Could be, but nah," I say. "I just... I just have a feeling she's dating someone here."

"Okay, Shayne," Courtney tells me. "Your sister has been working here for a week. Why would you suspect that? The only conclusion I'd reach from that is that she and whoever she's dating must have been dating for a longer while. They, whoever they are, must have offered her to come over and work. But other than that---"