Chapter 3

Song: Play With Fire by Sam Tinnesz and Yacht Money

T/W: bullying

I wake up to the sun shining through my window, hitting my face with its warmth and ode of morning-time

I wake up to the sun shining through my window, hitting my face with its warmth and ode of morning-time. Stretching out my aching limbs, I sit up more on my bed, feeling strange without waking up with Hannah or Susie in their beds on either side of mine.

Getting up, I grab my uniform, consisting of a button-up shirt and black skirt along with a gold and black tie, and begin putting it on.

I decide to spend more time on my hair since it is the first day of classes, so I just grab some savoury biscuits from my desk that were left over from the train ride for my breakfast. I know I'll have to help out the first years a lot today, so skipping breakfast in the Great Hall will be for the better.

My first class of the day is Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall: one of my favorite classes aside from Herbology. Susie and Ernie both have that class and I think a couple other Hufflepuff fifth years, from what I heard in the common room before getting whisked away to help redirect first years to their correct classrooms.

After showing a couple first years where Professor Flitwick's classroom is located, I rush towards McGonagall's classroom, hoping to snag a spot either by Susie or maybe Justin. Upon walking in I notice Susie is sitting next to Ernie.

Of course, I roll my eyes. I search for Justin's face and finally spot him... sitting with Megan Jones. I feel my stomach drop slightly at the sight. She's clearly flirting with him as she twirls her dark hair around her finger.

I spot an open seat near them, but it's right next to Blaise Zabini. He's not looking at me, thankfully, but even just looking at him gives me a strange feeling. He's handsome don't get me wrong, but he's more sinisterly handsome. Just looking at his eyes tells you he isn't any good...I could be misinterpreting him though .

"Lily! There's an open seat here!" I hear a voice call out. I turn my head to see the familiar, bushy-haired Gryffindor smiling whilst beckoning me to come sit next to her.

I sigh in relief as I sit in the chair next to her. "Thanks, Hermione. I was worried I'd have to take a seat next to Blaise." I motion over towards Blaise who's still sitting by himself; he's calmly paging through his Transfiguration book. Just then, I see Draco walk in and take a seat next to him.

Figures he would be in this class.

Hermione doesn't notice him but rather asks how last night with the first years went, since it was apparently crazy for her and Ron. I tell her about how a couple of them almost got lost from the group by following one of the ghosts. This causes her to laugh loudly, a trait many Gryffindors seem to have acquired. I love it though as it gets me to laugh beside her.

"Shut up, Granger. No one wants to hear your squawking." We both turn our heads to the source. Draco is leaning back in his chair, with his feet up on the desk and hands behind his head. A scowl is on his pink lips as he stares at us.