Chapter 28

Song(s) for the chapter:  traitor by Olivia Rodrigo

T/W: swearing, slut-shaming (again, it's not Draco! Yay!)

"Make it a powerful memory. The happiest you can remember, allow it to fill you up," Harry instructs, while walking around the room. The memories with my family and loved ones begin to flash in my mind.

One memory stands out from the others; it being my first year going to Hogwarts. Specifically, Nymphi dropping me off at the Hogwarts Express. She was fresh out of Hogwarts while I was an anxious first year, who was excited to go to my dream school.

I remember how Nymphi talked me through everything there is to know at Hogwarts while she held my hand all the way up to the train's doors.

I hold onto the feeling of her hugging me just before letting me into the train as I point my wand up into the air, saying, "expecto patronum!"

A mist of blue and white streams out of my wand along with the image of a little bird. I recognize the bird to be a kingfisher, with its swiftness in flight, amazing energy, and ability to light up the room with its sweet song. It may be small and seem insignificant, but it is a bird with quite the impact on its surroundings.

Smiling at my successful first attempt, I see Harry walk over to me. "Excellent work, Libby! You're a natural." My smile grows more at his compliment.

As I'm admiring my patronus, I glance over to my right to see Susie struggling with hers. Her reddish brows furrow more as she says the charm louder and with more determination.

"Don't think of just a specific memory if that isn't helping. Think about a person you admire and love, and hold onto that feeling," I whisper to her with a gentle smile. She glances over with a small nod before closing her eyes.

I watch as a smile forms on her mouth, as well as a blush on her cheeks, while she says the charm again. Almost immediately as she's done saying the charm, her Patronus, a Quokka, prowls from the light shooting from her wand. The Quokka is an animal that is located in a small part of Australia, who poses no threat to humans and is one of the friendliest animals you could ever meet. It fits Susie perfectly.

Just as she squeals in delight, the sound of a loud bang resonates through the room.

My Patronus disappears from the air, as does most everyone else's in the room as the sound continues.

"What was that?!" Hannah yells out, earning murmurs and exclamations of distress.

Before anyone can answer, the door bursts open and out steps Filch and all the members of the Inquisitorial squad. Filch looks very shocked yet ecstatic to have finally found a reason to get more students in deep trouble.

My eyes briefly scan over Pansy, Crabbe, Milicent, and Goyle—who's giving me a strange look—before I look at Draco. He hasn't seen me yet, his eyes solely on Harry as he tugs at...